Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Our version of Messaging doesn't have scheduling or Spam filtering (Verizon). Help?

OP damagi123

24th July 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 10

31 posts
More
Those features been disabled on Verizon cause theyre dicks and like to force you to use proprietary software. Its a different version of the messaging app without spam filtering or the ability to send scheduled messages. Scheduling was one of my absolute favorite features on my s3 I used it every day since i have a few buddies on overnight shifts that i cant text during the day.

I need help trying to figure out why the app from the other variants wont work on a VZW S5.

I tried replacing the apk and odex and fixing permissions with the appropriate files from the international variant. Files were from this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2796268
Everything worked, including scheduling and spam senders but it blocked MMS from going through saying "invalid destination address"

tried again with the apk and odex from ATT variant, same result.

I wouldnt be asking on the general forum but our Verizon forum has NO DEVS whatsoever that will try to help solve problems like this, which is such a change from the SPRINT forums where 50 people would jump all over it and help get it done in under an hour lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to damagi123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th December 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I would like to know this too! I have an S4 with Verizon and would really like to block texts from certain ppl without having to do the whole 90-day block thing through Verizon!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread