Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Whatsapp Vibrating when vibration turned off in App

Tip us?

ukmacca84
Old
(Last edited by ukmacca84; 2nd July 2014 at 10:57 AM.) Reason: added info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Whatsapp Vibrating when vibration turned off in App

Hi Guys,

I've noticed a problem with my Whatsapp the last couple of days, I have single messages to vibrate when coming through, but group messages to not vibrate (I'm in a lot of groups and its problematic when I'm at work )

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, and its swtiched off in app, but no matter what, I still get vibration when a group message comes through, which is a lot.

Has anyone else noticed this? I've looked through the S5 settings but cant seem to find anything to fix it. It's only happened since I updated WA 2 days ago.

Also, I should add, I changed my cache from dalvik to ART, so maybe that could be it?

Cheers.
ukmacca

JuanCarlos60
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmacca84 View Post
Hi Guys,

I've noticed a problem with my Whatsapp the last couple of days, I have single messages to vibrate when coming through, but group messages to not vibrate (I'm in a lot of groups and its problematic when I'm at work )

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, and its swtiched off in app, but no matter what, I still get vibration when a group message comes through, which is a lot.

Has anyone else noticed this? I've looked through the S5 settings but cant seem to find anything to fix it. It's only happened since I updated WA 2 days ago.

Also, I should add, I changed my cache from dalvik to ART, so maybe that could be it?

Cheers.
ukmacca
In groups or single notification... there is an independent configurations; I had ART and Dalvik and no vibration at all

ukmacca84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi Mate,

I never had any issues at all until the other day, I originally used the in app settings to control vibration, but even if they are both off it wil still vibrate for new messages,

I've gone back to Dalvik as the phone was begining to lag and hang, but still have the issue with whatsapp.

firasmomani
Old
Thanks Meter 0

ukmacca84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry guys, I didn't realise it was that confusing.

the break it down.

Until the latest update (about 3-4 days ago) I had single messages in WA to vibrate, but group ones not to vibrate. This was controlled in the App itself, via settings -> Notifications.

So I had Vibrate: Default for Message (single) notifications and Group Notifications Vibrate: Off.

BUT it still vibrates for group message, even though its off.

Does that make sense now?

mrlove6
Old
Thanks Meter 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmacca84 View Post
Sorry guys, I didn't realise it was that confusing.

the break it down.

Until the latest update (about 3-4 days ago) I had single messages in WA to vibrate, but group ones not to vibrate. This was controlled in the App itself, via settings -> Notifications.

So I had Vibrate: Default for Message (single) notifications and Group Notifications Vibrate: Off.

BUT it still vibrates for group message, even though its off.

Does that make sense now?
cant help in ur case sorry, but i suggest to use whatsapp+ its so mucht better as the normal one with mil of customization, i never use the original one lol
* HTC Sense 5 For Galaxy Note II N7100 & N7105 & I9300 & I9305 : Check Here

* Small System Font For Galaxy Note II N7100 & N7105 & I9300 & I9305 : Check Here

Tags
application, galaxy s5, vibration, whatsapp