[ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.4 KitKat | [Developer-Nightlys]

Search This thread

Romanog4

Aug 19, 2014
@albinoman887 @MrTrip
Everything working fine except when on a call using headphone without a mic. The phone mic won't turn on. No one can hear me.

Device:: Optus G900i klte
Baseband: NG2
Bootloader: NG2
EFS: STOCK
ROM Ver: 09-14
Mods: NONE
Description: Wiped, flashed build, correct Gapps loaded. Everything loaded fine.

fad5b528ee47fe929bc3df400258117e.jpg

Just installed in klteub.
It can be considered a daily driver, but there are some issues. Google Camera sometimes says it can't connect to camera. System reboots when trying to share a just-taken screenshot.

Reactions: pcorlatan

gremtu1

Feb 26, 2013
fad5b528ee47fe929bc3df400258117e.jpg

Just installed in klteub.
It can be considered a daily driver, but there are some issues. Google Camera sometimes says it can't connect to camera. System reboots when trying to share a just-taken screenshot.

Its these new bugs that are keeping me from flashing the newest build.. I'm still on 9/10 and haven't encountered a problem with the cam, low audio, or GPS.. I take screenshots quite often. Might wait for the next build.

FCORivers

Dec 31, 2011
Carolina
@albinoman887 @MrTrip
Everything working fine except when on a call using headphone without a mic. The phone mic won't turn on. No one can hear me.

Device:: Optus G900i klte
Baseband: NG2
Bootloader: NG2
EFS: STOCK
ROM Ver: 09-14
Mods: NONE
Description: Wiped, flashed build, correct Gapps loaded. Everything loaded fine.
AFAIK the phone's mic won't work when headphones are connected, it doesn't matter what type.
At least for me. I've never been able to use the phone like you intend. Not the s5, nor the s2 or htchd2 or lg optimus t or lg f6. As soon as I insert the headphones jack into the corresponding connector the mic, or mics in this case, turns off. If the headset didn't have a mic, I had to either answer or dial my calls thru speaker or take the headphones off, again, this is me. I can't speak for everyone. Just my experience. Maybe I've missed some setting and what I understand from your post is totally possible.

Sent from my klte using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
I go through a couple sets of buds a month (construction), some with, some without mics. I have never had the problem you describe. I have not had a micless set since this flash though, so I guess I just wasted everyone's time.

jale

This phone supposedly have ANT+ chip built in. And all you need to do to get this to work is to install two services from Google play, and a supported app.

Have anyone tried this? Is ANT+ working in CM11/AOSP?

ANT+ is a extremely low power communications "protocol" used with heart rate sensors, cadence sensors and other health/sports equipment.

http://www.thisisant.com/consumer/ant-101/ant-in-phones/

Edit:
Googled some more, and found a thread from the S4 forums that states that CM11 does not support ANT. So I guess I wasted everyone's time as well! :)
Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542922

Last edited:

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
Edit:
Googled some more, and found a thread from the S4 forums that states that CM11 does not support ANT. So I guess I wasted everyone's time as well! :)

Not only did you take the time to research your own answer and find it, you posted back here so others could find it as well. I am sorry that it turns out ANT isn't compatible with AOSP software. If you wanted to waste our time you should have asked why the only official build is for kltespr or asked if this will work on an AT&T or 900H device :D

Thanks for using the forums properly; keep up the good work :good:

This phone supposedly have ANT+ chip built in. And all you need to do to get this to work is to install two services from Google play, and a supported app.

Have anyone tried this? Is ANT+ working in CM11/AOSP?

ANT+ is a extremely low power communications "protocol" used with heart rate sensors, cadence sensors and other health/sports equipment.

http://www.thisisant.com/consumer/ant-101/ant-in-phones/

Edit:
Source: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542922

That's a shame, sounds like it'd be really useful. Maybe we can convince CM to implement it?

MrTrip

Feb 3, 2010
Waterloo. IA
@albinoman887 If you approve of this, can you add it to the second post?

Google Camera
The only reason for Google Camera is for the higher pixel ratio. Please test with stock camera. We are looking for bugs with the STOCK ROM and STOCK APPS right now. Once the STOCK ROM is stable (And we are very close! :good:) then if Albinoman887 feels like it he can start looking into App issues, within reason of course.

Thank you!

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
@albinoman887 If you approve of this, can you add it to the second post?

Google Camera
The only reason for Google Camera is for the higher pixel ratio. Please test with stock camera. We are looking for bugs with the STOCK ROM and STOCK APPS right now. Once the STOCK ROM is stable (And we are very close! :good:) then if Albinoman887 feels like it he can start looking into App issues, within reason of course.

Thank you!

Why would you add an app to a rom that can be installed easily from Play and isn`t even part of an original CM rom? Just saying ;)

gremtu1

Feb 26, 2013
Lock screen MIA

Just did a clean flash of the 9/14 build. Everything is working perfectly so far except for one issue. My lock screen just disappeared. This happened on the 9/10 version as well, but it eventually came back and it never happened again. My device is a G900P BTW. Other than that everything seems stable so far. Keep up the awesome work :)

HanaPoulpe

Oct 20, 2011
Lille
Ir : fine
Nfc : not with all tags/devices

I still have 3g issues when wifi is connected, no problems on 2g

Sm-g900f on latest build

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    brand_reveal_1.jpg

DO NOT REPORT BUGS UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A FULL WIPE, INSTALLED THE GAPPS PROVIDED IN THE 2ND POST, AND ARE RUNNING STOCK KERNEL WITHOUT STUPID MODS OR YOUR BUG REPORT WILL BE IGNORED PERIOD.

These are UNOFFICIAL/DEVELOPER builds of CM11 with test fixes for bugs in this thread that will eventually be merged into CM nightlys for klte (GSM), klteusc, kltedv, and kltevzw devices and by NO means this is my ROM. I am just compiling from
    CM Source and 100% credits goes to TeamDouche, and all other coders who contributed to CyanogenMod.

For which devices, should work with all klte versions that are qualcomm

Included in the Unified GSM build
    kltexx,kltelra,kltetmo,kltecan,klteatt,klteub,klteacg,kltedcm,klte

Individual CDMA builds kltevzw,klteusc,kltespr

Individual GSM builds kltedv

If your device isn't listed in the "individual" lists then flash the generic "klte" build

Code:
    [B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Do NOT expect daily builds. I'll build when I'm free.
    * Do NOT ask for support for flashing in this thread.
    * Do NOT use this unofficial build and ask for support at the official threads.
    * Do NOT be rude.
    * Respect all users
    * If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

I personally am not fond of these kinds of threads, If it turns into my last one I WILL LEAVE and close the thread. We have started some momentum here. Let's keep it rolling :).

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Internal/External SDcard mounting
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • IR Blaster
    • NFC

bJO9QqG.png

• Touchscreen in some games....
    • General CM bug: newest instagram update results in black pics...Rollback the update to fix...Then email FB and tell them to fix their apps :p

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
    • Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
      ** (if you are simply applying an update to this rom base this might not always be required)
      *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS (in 2nd post) (No other gapps packages are officially supported!)
    • Reboot
    • ???
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
    Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• And any and all users in this thread who contirbuted or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • Garwynn XDA
    • Tom Marshal (tdm)
    • Ethen Chen (intervigilium)
    • ktoonsez
    • Esa Laukkanen aka elelinux
    • Cyanogen Inc & Team-Kang
    • MrTrip
    • albinoman887

cvU6373.png

so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the paypal account may say patricia, this is because it's a family paypal account. :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

DOWNLOAD LINK + CHANGELOG in 3nd post

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.4 KitKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    albinoman887, ktoonsez
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-09-01
    Last Updated 2014-10-16
    Reserved

do not report bugs unless you have done a full wipe, installed the gapps provided in the 2nd post, and are running stock kernel without stupid mods or your bug report will be ignored period.

BUG REPORT TEMPLATE, IF YOU WANT A RESPONSE FOLLOW THIS!!!

Device:: T-Mobile G900T kltetmo
    Baseband: ENTER_VERSION_HERE
    Bootloader: ENTER_VERSION_HERE
    EFS: ENTER_VERSION_HERE
    ROM Ver: ENTER_VERSION_HERE
    Description: Wiped, flashed 9/8 build, correct Gapps loaded. Everything loaded fine.

BEFORE YOU POST....WORDS FROM A SMART MAN....

Hey all, I'd just like to throw this out there for those of you having random bugs.

This is a development tree. Its not stable or even RC. Its testing. While all the testing and bug reports are appreciated, some of these bugs can be solved with the following troubleshooting steps..

1. Make sure you have a clean install. This is most important. Dirty flashing can cause issues even from one build to the next days build. Some apks are changed and if you don't do a full clean flash these settings are not refreshed. Please do a clean flash and test this way.

2. Some issues may arise from using titanium backup to restore apps + data. Unless you absolutely positively need to restore data with these apps I'd advise against it. Albinoman887 had me to a restore of apps without data and things got much smoother.

3. I can't stress this enough from my own experience, xposed modules can and will break CM11. You might think you are making a minor change but it might be the wrong way to make this change.

4. Some apps do interfere with each other. Camera crashes can occur when a GPS fix app is running because the camera cannot geo tag a photo and it just crashes the camera. This is one that albinoman887 noticed the other day. THIS MAY NOT ALWAYS BE THE CASE. But its good to check that for yourself.

5. I know we all want to use our phone for 10 hours constantly no charge and be left with 99% but this simply cannot happen. It would be great if people could just test the rom vanilla and report issues that arise from that. I promise you i have no third party app "saving my battery" and my battery life is great.

6. When submitting a bug report please always mention your carrier and phone model. It helps to narrow down the issue. This is a unified build so an issue on a Verizon wireless s5 and a us cellular s5 might be different or not exist at all on the other units. This I cannot stress enough. Even if you noted your model before, we don't keep a database of users and their models so we do forget when looking for solutions what model this is broken on.

Being a part of this is like an open beta. Opt in or out it is your choice but help us, especially Albinoman887, help you by having the information he needs to find and squish these bugs.

I'm currently helping build a solid bug list with models and information but its hard to maintain when some bugs are because of a dirty flash or a third party app.

Let's make CM11 on the Galaxy S5 be the best it can be!

Thank you for your time, support, and any donations given to the developers during this process. Nobody would be here if it wasn't for a good solid team effort. :)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using XDA Free mobile app
    sB7atuO.png

Fixes NOT YET MERGED into OFFICIAL CM branch.
    * UNOFFICIAL kltedv specific builds with fixed NFC

Old Changelogs

Sep-27
    * Synced with upstream
    ** The following changes have not been merged into main CM source yet! **
    * Fixed NFC for G900I device
    * Added proximity wake up support
    * Merged a fix from hlte to help with VOIP choppiness

Sep-24
    * This will be the last build compiled by me since nightlys are turned on.
    * we now are using the stock GSM ril libs....
    * Upstream updates

Sep-19
    * First release with split up builds....
    * Initial klteusc build
    * initial klte gsm only build
    * GSM: switched to KK HLTE RIL libs so we can use the new custom RIL class
    * CDMA uses all official STOCK KK RIL libs
    * Any and all upstream updates at time of compile
    ** VZW coming soon **

Sep-14
    * Fixed touchscreen staying on while screen is off
    * Updated vibration strength code (upstream) if dirty flashing and you have changed intensity settings PLEASE RESET TO DEFAULT as the scale has changed
    * HighTouchSensitivity (glove mode) now actually works (tested by checking sysfs entry and using my shirt over my finger)
    * Updated GPS HAL source to caf branch kk_3.5
    * All upstream changes at time of compile

Sep-10
    * Removed key disabler support because there are kernel side changes I haven't implemented yet.
    * Fixed capacitive keys staying on during a phone call

Sep-8
    * Did a bit more tweaking to high-gain-stereo recording mic
    * Enabled vibration strength settings (Settings>Sound>Vibration Intensity)
    * Enabled high touch sensitivity (Settings>Language & Input)
    * Enabled key disabler for when switching to nav bar mode but I can't find it in settings. I might be missing a change...
    * Upstream updates

Sep-6
    * This is mainly a maintenance update. I went back through the source and double and checked and tested reported bugs.
    * Tested phone calls: Dialer works, dialing pad works, no lag when pressing call, called people in and not in my phone book by tapping and by dialing, and people can hear each other. Tested 3 times. from a cold boot. Issues with phone include: capactive keys are still responding when in a call and the screen is off so it is possible to back out of the phone app while on the call and start pressing things with your face
    * Tested touchscreen in Snes9x EX+: Still the same issues. No response from touchscreen
    * Attempted fix for G900I users and NFC but obviously I can't test since I don't have the device.
    * Cherry-picked about 4 coomits from gerrit dealing with audio routing improvements.
    * Synced with upstream

Sep-5
    * PLEASE ONLY USE THE GAPPS PROVIDED IN THE 2ND POST. NO OTHER GAPPS PACK IS SUPPORTED AND IS KNOWN TO CAUSE ODD ISSUES
    * Reverted back to old ril stack since we weren't using 100% stock libs anyways and it was breaking cdma. Will revisit at a later date
    * Fixed CDMA (obviously)
    * Tried reverting "enable denoise by default" for camera to see if it fixes instagram. Please let me know as I don't use the app
    * Any and all upstream updates at time of compile
    * Working Sprint NC
    * Kernel: merged back ONE change we had in the old bringup branch to see if it fixes audio issue reported by "some" users

Sep-4
    * Fixed screw up on my part for NFC. Should be working now
    * Added subjective NFC driver loading support so one build can work for sprint and all others (untested on sprint)
    * Corrected partition sizes (ktoonsez)
    * Enable denoise in camera by default
    * Any and all upstream changes at time of compile
    * GSM is now using 98% stock RIL libs.
    ^^ in a nutshell, we were before using all HLTE jellybean RIL libs. If we used ours we would get no data and could not make phone calls. Now with a recent patch to cm we are able to make calls with our ril. what was done was (not by me) digging into the TW framework and finding calls that we don't have. That's what ixed the calling issue. HLTE is now using KK ril blobs due to this fix. They don't have any data issues. we still do unless I swap out libsec-ril.so and then because they tie together also libqmiservices.so to the HLTE KK one (before we were also swapping libril.so to HLTE JB before the patch). Now the reason I think this swap is needed is because of the download booster option in TW. Since AOSP doesn't offer this we most likely need to set something on code that always returns "0" or off for that feature. It will take some digging though. This still gets us a lot closer to stock. there are about 15 files related to the "ril stack" only 2 aren't from our device now. Also I've read through many logs and don't see any regressions from using these two libs

Sep-2
    * Fixed NFC (won't work on sprint models until I make a special build just for sprint later today)
    * Fixed IR blaster (at least on TMO)
    * Switched to newest libqmiservices.so that can be used with the old GSM ril libs (CDMA is using stock KLTE)
    * Any upstream changes by CM at time of build

Sep-1
    * Attempted to fix issue some were having with wifi password resetting
    * Now using about 99% stock NG3 libs. Only swapped libs are the rils from hlte as well as an older version of libqmiservices (NE5) to work with the older RIL libs. Rest 100% stock
    * Slowly re-adding some kernel fixes to test battery drain
    * Searching for contacts in dialer works
    * Low recording mic gain fixed (I fixed this i think yesterday or the day before but forgot to mention it)
    ** This wasn't really mentioned and I don't know if Esa has added it but right when CM added sources Ethan re-wrote the audio routing code. So now all audio issues should be fixed and small ones that aren't like above should be easy fixes from here on out
    *** The next changes may or may not have already been in place in the last builds but I want them to be documented ***
    * 100% stock keylayouts
    * 100% stock mixer paths
    * Enabled dock settings
    * GPS should be pretty stable now. We are now using all the correct configurations and libs

lSuV72q.png

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
    CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

l5SakBJ.png

kltedv :KLTEDV Nightlys
    kltespr : KLTESPR Nightlys
    klteusc : KLTEUSC Nightlys
    kltevzw : KLTEVZW Nightlys

If your specific model isn't listed above and is a CDMA device it is not supported. Otherwise flash the unified GSM build below....

Unified-GSM : KLTE Nightlys
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GAPPS: : HERE
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BUILDBOT MIRROR : DOWNLOAD MIRROR
    dear god i'm gonna regret this tomorrow when i have to read 500 posts but..... :p

http://d-h.st/u4f

* All hardware should be working,
    * for GSM only right now
    * Do a full wipe
    * attaching pictures to a hangouts msg or MMS results in a force close of "documents"
    * Gapps are somewhere. i googled gapps android 5.0 i think but they are def around. dont get PA GAPPS if you have the choice. just get regular gapps or the mini modular of pa gapps NEVER the full one
    * when you flash the rom it might say something about userdata partition being busy....dont worry about it
    * Try and keep the posting to a minimum until i open a cm12 thread in the morning
    * There are gonna be plenty of bugs....i mean plenty.....until this latest build flac audio didnt even friggin play because ffmpeg wasnt merged into CM yet. so dont come telling me some random feature is gone or doesnt work. its most likely missing code upstream and me and other devs are well aware of it and are adding it all back...

good luck and god speed :p

as always all sources can be found on my github:

https://github.com/Team-Hydra

The following repos:
    klte-common
    klte
    msm8974-common
    samsung_qcom-common
    kernel/klte
    new build posted.......and guess what

I fixed NFC!

It won't work on sprint models until I do a build for them specifically which I will later today. I've been up all night and need sleep

heres the full changelog, check the 2nd post for download link :)

* Fixed NFC (won't work on sprint models until I make a special build just for sprint later today)
    * Fixed IR blaster (at least on TMO)
    * Switched to newest libqmiservices.so that can be used with the old GSM ril libs (CDMA is using stock KLTE)
    * Any upstream changes by CM at time of build