Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from albinoman887: Testing builds built from official CM sources. issues may arise!

[ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.4 KitKat (UNOFFICIAL) | [2014-09-19]

Tip us?

Andrw0830
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoman887 View Post
Its cuz of the whole ril thing. its needed. I just havent pushed it to the cm device tree because even if i do, data is still broken due to cms repos not having the HLTE libsec-ril.so in place of the KLTE lib. so it was a moot point basically. but yeah its needed. I guess i'll push it just so everyones on the same page

and its actually ro.telephony.ril_class=KlteRIL FOR GSM DEVICES because we are using our own custom ril class because it needed so much hacking. cdma there werent any changes needed so it just stayed the same

to answer your guestion. Yes your device needs that. dont remove it or you wont get any data or radio reception
Thanks for the explanation. One other question. Do you have any problems with offline charging? If I charge my phone when it is off and unplug the charger, the charging animation still runs in the background even though the screen is off thus draining the battery.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoman887 View Post
LMAO. no. i just use it cuz 1: i'm lazy, 2: i know my way around the site 3: i'm lazy (lol) i like dev host cuz all i have to do is go to the home page click a big blue button select my file then when its done uploading i just hit copy link and its done. no moving throughtout pages. if you guys have better idea let me know

What is the "definitive" one? i use to use goo.im but it got WAY SLOW.... thats why i started using dev-host...

its a bug in the letest instragram update and some adreno graphics libs. rollback the update.

Its cuz of the whole ril thing. its needed. I just havent pushed it to the cm device tree because even if i do, data is still broken due to cms repos not having the HLTE libsec-ril.so in place of the KLTE lib. so it was a moot point basically. but yeah its needed. I guess i'll push it just so everyones on the same page

and its actually ro.telephony.ril_class=KlteRIL FOR GSM DEVICES because we are using our own custom ril class because it needed so much hacking. cdma there werent any changes needed so it just stayed the same

to answer your guestion. Yes your device needs that. dont remove it or you wont get any data or radio reception

whats the whole refund bug? i dont get how that could be something i changed.
Mega is great. Its just as easy to upload and its insanely fast to download.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GuyInDogSuit
Old
Thanks Meter 445

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorp212 View Post
....every once in a while, the phone gets stuck on this black lock screen with just the time widget showing. No way to unlock it. I can pull down the notification bar but when I try to access anything, it goes back to the black screen.
This has happened to me several times. Sometimes it goes away if I hit the home key. Other times I just have to reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engel666sk View Post
Hey guys i bought the Galaxy s5 LTE+ today. Anyone of you know what model number it got, and which roms i can use on it?
SM-G906S, aka the Galaxy S LTE-A(dvanced). Has a faster Snapdragon processor and 3 GB of RAM. It's also only available to the Korean market, so for now you're stuck with stock until it either hits the west or a dev or two decides to port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamzombie View Post
...the lack of 100% functionality between my Gear 2 Neo and my SGS5 without TW is frustrating (using all the bypass methods I found on XDA, I just couldn't get things working the way I wanted)

This by no means is the OP's fault (because it's Samsung's fault by locking down their watches to only work 100% with their TW-based phones)...
So, your Gear 2 Neo doesn't work? Or just partially? I'm planning on getting the Gear Live but might consider an alternative if it doesn't work so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgbossis21 View Post
quick question, if you run the phone info Samsung app does it show pda and csc info? Mine are blank and im not sure that's correct since I cant send or receive mms and constantly get message not sent on text that send just fine.
That's normal. Mine are blank and everything works fine.
"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours."

Current Device(s):
Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T)
NVIDIA Shield

Paranoid Android Gapps

Gandolff
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Mega is great. Its just as easy to upload and its insanely fast to download.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
+1
Samsung Galaxy S 5 (SM-G900F)
CyanogenMOD 11 Unofficial

I'm not always sure what I'm doing, But I'm having a whale of a time doing it!!!!!!!

iamzombie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInDogSuit View Post

So, your Gear 2 Neo doesn't work? Or just partially? I'm planning on getting the Gear Live but might consider an alternative if it doesn't work so well.

I can get it working, just not 100%... I couldn't get notifications to show up on it, and I had to manually reconnect it if I moved out of BT range (people are using tasker to accomplish the same thing)

All in all, it just wasn't worth the hassle for me... SGS5 has enough horsepower to run OK with touchwiz, but I'll be keeping an eye on the various methods to use a Gear watch with CM11 based ROMS in the future.