[ROM] CyanogenMod 12.1 | Android 5.1 Lollipop | [04/28/2015]

Search This thread

assassin2

Dec 9, 2014
Hello stupid noob question,if you are in a preview build can I dirty flash the alpha/latest build?

assassin2

Dec 9, 2014
OT but I want to know what's going on here,who is the real unlocker of cm12.1 @DevVorteX? Is it @vinman12 or @albinoman887? I just read the other thread...:silly:
I remember last year like in cm12 some guy crediting themeselve to cm12 like in his op the nexus experience something...:p

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
OT but I want to know what's going on here,who is the real unlocker of cm12.1 @DevVorteX? Is it @vinman12 or @albinoman887? I just read the other thread...:silly:
I remember last year like in cm12 some guy crediting themeselve to cm12 like in his op the nexus experience something...[emoji14]
I take no credit, I just sync and build.
Add some features make some mods or w/e. Whit out these guys there is no builds.

Reactions: banzro

banzro

Mar 13, 2006
In a small town
Bug when you activate "Lock Screen Lock with PIN and Activate to scramble Pins"

Hello,

Great rom so far... I have a problem when I activate the two Functions " "Lock Screen Lock with PIN and Activate to scramble Pins".
Once when you like to unlock the device it gets into recurring crash information.

Anyone else have this?

Thans for your reply and help

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
4fb98c4be2161.png

CM-12.1 for Verizon Developer Edition ONLY!!!!!:
03.29.2015: http://bit.ly/1EP8HP2

Change Log 03.29.2015
1. All of albinoman887 good stuff
2. SMS patch so you can use Google Messenger
3. Fixed PackageInstaller crash when sideloading and installing apps from sd card.
4. File size is 274,502,168 bytes so you can double check for good download.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

evilryry

Sep 15, 2013
4fb98c4be2161.png

Change Log 03.29.2015
1. All of albinoman887 good stuff
2. SMS patch so you can use Google Messenger
3. Fixed PackageInstaller crash when sideloading and installing apps from sd card.
4. File size is 274,502,168 bytes so you can double check for good download.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
link is prompting a username and password :eek:

rfrenz

Aug 2, 2013
Anchorage, AK
Samsung Galaxy S20
File transfer not working properly

I realize "this is a PREVIEW BUILD it will most likely be fixed in the coming days..." but to let albinoman know that there is something screwed up in the debugging/data transfer system. I tried all 4 protocols for transfer and none worked, rebooted and tried MTP transfer again which worked for one file then the computer again would not recognize the phone.
KLTE 3/28 generic build, no mods
Any suggestione?

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
I realize "this is a PREVIEW BUILD it will most likely be fixed in the coming days..." but to let albinoman know that there is something screwed up in the debugging/data transfer system. I tried all 4 protocols for transfer and none worked, rebooted and tried MTP transfer again which worked for one file then the computer again would not recognize the phone.
KLTE 3/28 generic build, no mods
Any suggestione?

Matt might chime in but this is going to be a driver issue I 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% guarantee it. There are thousands of downloads of the ROM and everybodys is working no problem.

Reactions: rfrenz

rfrenz

Aug 2, 2013
Anchorage, AK
Samsung Galaxy S20
Matt might chime in but this is going to be a driver issue I 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% guarantee it. There are thousands of downloads of the ROM and everybodys is working no problem.

I would be the first to agree with you if the same drivers had not been working fine (no problem with file transfers) for the last however many months CM12 has been in existence. I have only had one problem Ktoonsez and that is when I ran into it in one of your old kernels and I'll be darned if I remember your answer as to why.
The really strange part now is, it seems to only balk at your 5.1 kernel. Yeah I know electronics can be weird but this is STRANGE.

Last edited:

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
I would be the first to agree with you if the same drivers had not been working fine (no problem with file transfers) for the last however many months CM12 has been in existence. I have only had one problem Ktoonsez and that is when I ran into it in one of your old kernels and I'll be darned if I remember your answer as to why.
The really strange part now is, it seems to only balk at your 5.1 kernel. Yeah I know electronics can be weird but this is STRANGE.

Here is my latest, you are welcome to try:
http://bit.ly/1BSPIkv

I would try a different cable if it is still happening and or using Device Manager on your PC and uninstall the device selecting the check box to uninstall the driver and move to a differen USB port and see what happens

Reactions: rfrenz

Bofu

Jan 17, 2012
Hamilton
Just at first glimpse this ROM is awesome, only problem is I'm getting told I do not have root access for some apps?

I've enabled root for apps and ADB in dev options, any suggestions

EDIT: This was a problem on 5.0 too for KLTEDV

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    brand_reveal_1.jpg

DO NOT REPORT BUGS UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A FULL WIPE, INSTALLED THE GAPPS PROVIDED IN THE 2ND POST, AND ARE RUNNING STOCK KERNEL WITHOUT STUPID MODS OR YOUR BUG REPORT WILL BE IGNORED PERIOD.

These are UNOFFICIAL/DEVELOPER builds based of CM-12.1 for klte (GSM), kltespr, klteusc, kltedv, and kltevzw devices and by NO means this is my ROM. I am just compiling from
    CM Source and 100% credits goes to TeamDouche, and all other coders who contributed to CyanogenMod.

For which devices, should work with all klte versions that are qualcomm

Included in the Unified GSM build
    kltexx, kltelra, kltetmo, kltecan, klteatt, klteub, klteacg, kltedcm, klte

Individual CDMA builds kltespr, klteusc, kltevzw

Individual GSM builds kltedv

If your device isn't listed in the "individual" lists then flash the generic "klte" build

Code:
    [B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Do NOT expect daily builds. I'll build when I'm free.
    * Do NOT ask for support for flashing in this thread.
    * Do NOT use this unofficial build and ask for support at the official threads.
    * Do NOT be rude.
    * Respect all users
    * If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Internal/External SDcard mounting
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • IR Blaster
    • NFC

bJO9QqG.png

• ?????????

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
    • DO NOT dirty flash over CM-12
    • Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
      *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS (in 2nd post) (No other gapps packages are officially supported!)
    • Reboot
    • ???
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
    Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• And any and all users in this thread who contirbuted or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • Esa Laukkanen aka elelinux
    • Cyanogen Inc & Team-Kang
    • Garwynn XDA
    • MrTrip
    • Thescorpion420
    • DevVorteX
    • albinoman887
    • ktoonsez

cvU6373.png

so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the Paypal account may say Patricia, this is because it's a family Paypal account. :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

DOWNLOAD LINK + CHANGELOG in 2nd post

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 | Android 5.1 Lollipop, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    albinoman887
    Source Code: https://github.com/Team-Hydra

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    finally got cm-13 working on the nexus 6... working on klte this weekend
    sB7atuO.png

April 28
    * Android 5.1.1
    * Any and all upstream updates
    ** NOTE: I won't be doing anymore "releases" from this point on i'm going to just have a bot build nightlies. As CM starts supporting cm-12.1 nightlies for different variants (like klte and kltespr) i will drop them and only compile the remaining ones since there is no point in having two nightly builds that are identical

April 16
    ** Happy Birthday to my sister Kayla :) **
    * Fixed MMS sending and receiving issues
    * A good amount of stability updates from upstream
    * android 5.1 r5

April 9
    * Any and all upstream changes at time of compile
    * fix for google messanger was refined and merged
    * Mute and hold buttons now work in dialer
    * Home button will not do anything unless the screen is fully awake

April 6
    * Fixed NFC not working in last build
    * Fixed recent apps key being active on lock screen

April 4
    * Fixed lag with incoming and outgoing calls.
    * Any and all upstream changes at time of compile.

Mar 31
    * Blacklisting numbers is fixed
    * Fixed picture messages from crashing google messager
    * Any upstream changes at time of compile

Mar 30
    * Fixed issue of package installer FCing at the end of manually installing an app
    * A decent amount of updates/cleanup/small bug fixes by all the CM devs
    * Synced with source as of 5PM PDT
    * Updated gapps link to point to my web server instead of dev host

Mar 29
    * android 5.1_r3
    * Fixed Contacts app from FCing when selecting a contact (credits: DevorteX)
    * Fixed Google Messanger from not working due to missing sql entry (credits: ktoonsez)

Mar 28
    DO NOT dirty flash over CM-12
    * initial build of cm-12.1/Android 5.1. THERE WILL BE BUGS so think before you post dumb stuff
    * Most features work, SMS will FC unless you go to settings>privacy>blacklist and turn the blacklisting feature completely off. This will be fixed once the source is merged for it.
    * Right now its just klte but i will be rolling out the other variants over the next 24 hrs or so so just check check back every few hours for your build.

lSuV72q.png

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
    CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

l5SakBJ.png

Due to resource limitations builds are released in a staggered fashion. If you find the newest build not available for your device it most likely means its compiling. Simply check back in 30-60 mins and it should be there

Latest Release: cm-12.1-20150428

G900I (kltedv) : Browse KLTEDV Build Archive
    G900P (kltespr) : Browse KLTESPR Build Archive
    G900R4 (klteusc) : Browse KLTEUSC Build Archive
    G900V (kltevzw) : Browse KLTEVZW Build Archive

If your specific model isn't listed above and is a CDMA device it is not supported. Otherwise flash the unified GSM build below....

G900* Unified-GSM : cm-12.1-20150428-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip | Browse KLTE Build Archive
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GAPPS: : gapps-lpmr1-20150324-signed.zip
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BUILD SERVER MIRROR : DOWNLOAD MIRROR
    Okay guys here's your update:

CM13 PRE-Alpha is now available for KLTE!!

Please give a HUGE thanks to DevVortex and Vinman for their work on this. They each have spent a combined at least 100 hours to bring this to you.

Installation:

1) Download the following files:
    A) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347850323
    B) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347842313
    C) http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133

2) BACKUP and Wipe Data, System, Cache, Dalvik
    3) Install CM13, Gapps, and SuperSU (above)
    4) Reboot

Your phone is gonna act a little weird when it first boots up. You're likely to get a force close on the phone app and a reboot soon after. Don't panic, just let it do its thing. It should clear up quickly and it will only happen once. You'll also notice you have a beatiful red flashing border.

5) Download the build prop editor of your choice and change the following line:
    ro.build.type = eng TO ro.build.type = user

Xposed doesn't work, don't try it and don't ask. We won't respond. Viper4Android works. (I used the lolliviper zip)

BUGS

These are the major bugs we know about. If it's on this list, don't ask us about it. We won't respond.

[ ] Boot/reboot takes longer than LP
    [ ] Random app fc's (play store)
    [ ] Debug mode build prop (red border)
    [ ] Bluetooth calling doesn't work (other person just hears static, can't hear anything)
    [ ] Automatic time sync
    [ ] Built in file explorer crashes. Unable to run in root access mode.
    [ ] Home + power crashes systemui
    [ ] Bluetooth audio skips. Reboot fixes.
    [ ] Systemui crashing occasionally
    new build posted

NFC is fixed and so is the bug where the recent apps key still had an effect on the lock screen

klte is up, rest are building now.