S6 Edge, problems & issues List

Search This thread

arf8

Mar 30, 2014
Personally I'm on my 7th device and finally have one that I'm accepting. The local ATT warranty store manager himself went through 5 phones before he found one he kept. The phone itself is great on paper and performance is top notch. I just wish Samsung paid a little more attention to QA standards and tested the phone more thoroughly before releasing it. At this point if you have a phone that is hardware defect free, one can only hope software issues will be resolved in future OTA's. I have contacted my carrier and Samsung and they are now aware of the issues. However I urge you all to call and let your carrier know of any problems b/c the only way Samsung will resolve these is if the carriers get enough feedback to contact Samsung direct.

This is the list I have experienced and some I'm aware off. Feel free to add to the list.

::::::::Hardware:::::::
Screen- bubble under lens
- dimples and ripples under lens
- scratches on lens surface
- scratch under lens
- hue tone near bottom is more pink
Home Button- recessed on one side (2 of them were almost flat on right side and raised on left)
Back button - stops working
Heat - I would not consider this a problem, I only charge at 1/2xC or less, in my experience heat is perfectly normal on Li batteries during discharge and charge.
::::::::Software::::::::
Email Notification - Audible push email notifications don't come through after phone has been unused for 10 mins or longer on mobile network (lots of threads created on this)
Exchange emails - EAS emails get deleted as soon as it shows up in the client
OTA Update - Phone would not OTA update OE2 - soft, hard resets, clear cache made no difference
Memory management issues - Tmobile/Sprint phones
Screen rotation - out the box screen rotation did not work, *#0*# gyro test indicates fault
Reboot Cycle - out the box phone would just continuously to reboot

Carrier Options - Some carriers like ATT have removed some basic options and features other carriers allow: Calendar option to lock screen with power button on att phones is inclusive with immediate lock. Smart Manager, Download booster.

sir_earl

Jul 21, 2011
On a G925I device running firmware AOD3, I experienced a much worse issue with brightness whereby when auto-brightness is off, the screen wouldn't dim before timing out (actually it would dim, but maybe only like 1%). Very annoying when you're reading some text and the screen just turns off without warning! I've upgraded to AOE3, and now I only have the auto-brightness issue mentioned above.

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas
It is a hit or miss, that is bad QA and Samsung needs to tighten up their standards if they want to keep up with the big boys.

Sad thing is... they ARE the big boys. I had two OnePlus Ones that were fantastic out of the box. My first S6 (regular) had defective hardware/software that I couldn't fix, second S6 (edge) had dust under the screen. On my third device I think I've finally got a good one. If a small company like OnePlus can get a phone with amazing specs (at its time) for under half the cost of Samsung AND still have decent QC, Samsung can too. They just aren't doing their job.

arf8

Mar 30, 2014
I agree their quality control is horribly lacking with the S6. This is my first android phone, I'm a long time blackberry user, never been a fan of apple for various reasons i won't get into but everyone is going to compare their quality to iOverpaid phones which sadly is a benchmark in the industry these days. The lack of QC/QA is pathetic at best. Even worse is their customer service when a member here sent in his phone for repair he got the phone back with dust under the screen. I realize mfg of this phone is very difficult and it is probably easier to replace than repair but there is no excuse when you pay for a flagship one that is about $1k to have these many hardware issues, software is a different story and more acceptable but hardware is inexcusable. I spent too many weeks and days of my life dealing with this issue, I was at the point on this 7th phone if it did not work I was going back to blackberry and staying forever.

Slaughter59

Mar 28, 2015
3th S6 edge for me.

1st: after one hard drop, I've pretend to try returning it by pretending a problem with dead pixel... And got a fresh one :D

2nd: strange home button: raised on the left, bubble under the screen ( barely unnoticeable ) plus, it's no big deal, but this one was unable to reach 66k on antutu.

3nd: perfect! Easily reach 72k on antutu

arf8

Mar 30, 2014
you got a dead pixel after you dropped it? and the phone showed no sign of visible damage outside?

I don't run benchmarks on phones, and even the ones on PC you have to take with a grain of salt. But it is odd the performance was so far off assuming all is equal?

arf8

Mar 30, 2014
You can't fault the mfg for non oem ROM issues but there have been phones out the box with rotation issues for sure

xelagn

Oct 28, 2010
Noticed this last night : light bleed at the edge when the capacitve keys are on.
I think it's a defect. Anyone else have this ?

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 842

arf8

Mar 30, 2014
I had that on one unit but it was very minor and again it is a mfg and quality issue.

Reactions: bce4800

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had that on one unit but it was very minor and again it is a mfg and quality issue.