Enable NFC Action? - Suggestions?

Search This thread

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
i purchased the Air Dock 2 and it has an NFC chip in it which did bring up my NFC icon when i touched but how do i utilize it? i only see pay options in Settings.

what i would like is to have the dock activate this Dock and Drive app when its placed on NFC tagged dock.

i did see "nfc trigger" apps in Play but so many and dont like just installing any app and not sure its needed?

thanks for any help

Golubev

Dec 4, 2007
St Petersburg
Try this. Step-by-step configuration and ability to write NFC tag.
Unfotunately, in my case, AirDock with charger power ON blocked NFC. Maybe you will be more lucky with it.

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
Unfotunately, in my case, AirDock with charger power ON blocked NFC. Maybe you will be more lucky with it.

so with a 10 minutes test i found 2 things:

1. the position of the NFC and the Wireless charging (at least with my ultraslim case) is particular to how the Air Dock is positioned so when i found the sweet spot for both i locked it so that my phone works perfectly in landscape mode which is how i want it when driving. if you test NFC response and charge connection by taking it on and off a bunch you will see what i mean and i found it easier to test in portrait mode and then turn the dock and lock it to be same but landscape. hope that made sense

2. i did see a charging issue but i did not spend much time seeing if i could figure it out and decided to test a BT connection to my truck radio as the trigger versus the NFC and that seemed to work perfectly

will test more and report when i get a chance

Reactions: Golubev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

so with a 10 minutes test i found 2 things:

1. the position of the NFC and the Wireless charging (at least with my ultraslim case) is particular to how the Air Dock is positioned so when i found the sweet spot for both i locked it so that my phone works perfectly in landscape mode which is how i want it when driving. if you test NFC response and charge connection by taking it on and off a bunch you will see what i mean and i found it easier to test in portrait mode and then turn the dock and lock it to be same but landscape. hope that made sense

2. i did see a charging issue but i did not spend much time seeing if i could figure it out and decided to test a BT connection to my truck radio as the trigger versus the NFC and that seemed to work perfectly

will test more and report when i get a chance