FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The Galaxy S6 back cover IS REMOVABLE (Its in the Manual)

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 58
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Though probably not as easy as the S5, it still is technically removable and you can change the battery if you follow the directions, its in the Galaxy S6 manual on page 138
Here is the manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.0_150302.pdf

DISCLAIMER: Attempting this on your own is doing so at your own risk, and I am not responsible for any damage to your phone

HERE IS A VIDEO OF HOW IT WORKS: http://youtu.be/gYDXuK_Hy3I
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 3.50.30 PM.png
Views:	30150
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	3197732  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smooth4lyfe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smooth4lyfe Ad-Free
 
 
6th March 2015, 09:59 PM |#2  
natefish's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 115
 
Donate to Me
More
Not exactly an on-the-go process, though.
6th March 2015, 11:56 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Vicksburg
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
I wonder what's actually holding the glass cover on. It just says remove it. It can't just be laying on there. Maybe some type of adhesive that has to be heated. Either way, it seems that it will be easy to replace the battery.
7th March 2015, 12:38 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverslayer

I wonder what's actually holding the glass cover on. It just says remove it. It can't just be laying on there. Maybe some type of adhesive that has to be heated. Either way, it seems that it will be easy to replace the battery.

Yeah I read it was some adhesive. I hear you just need to heat the phone to melt the adhesive (apparently there is a video someone doing it with a blowdryer [Not with a Galaxy S6 but with another phone]), the pull the cover off and go on from there...doesn't seem that hard to do
7th March 2015, 04:55 AM |#5  
tenxo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 285
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe

Yeah I read it was some adhesive. I hear you just need to heat the phone to melt the adhesive (apparently there is a video someone doing it with a blowdryer [Not with a Galaxy S6 but with another phone]), the pull the cover off and go on from there...doesn't seem that hard to do

Ya and voids the warranty, though! Not a problem after the first year though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefish

Not exactly an on-the-go process, though.


Sent from my SM-G900T using AllianceR(‚óŹ)m
7th March 2015, 05:04 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
"Non removable type"

Is this implying there is a type with a removable battery?
7th March 2015, 06:44 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 776
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy talk

"Non removable type"

Is this implying there is a type with a removable battery?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Alleg...pacity_id66182
The battery is like this..... it is a non-removable type for you on street or newbies but if you do it carefully in home then it is actually removable.
7th March 2015, 08:09 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe

Yeah I read it was some adhesive. I hear you just need to heat the phone to melt the adhesive (apparently there is a video someone doing it with a blowdryer [Not with a Galaxy S6 but with another phone]), the pull the cover off and go on from there...doesn't seem that hard to do

Work in phone repairs.
Many phones require adhesive heating to get to the internals.
All the Sony's Z's, for example.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nationalmaverick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nationalmaverick Ad-Free
7th March 2015, 09:58 AM |#9  
nyknight77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Thank god I can replace the battery relatively easily on the s6. I just saw a video of how to replace the battery on the HTC m8 and lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100
The Following User Says Thank You to nyknight77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nyknight77 Ad-Free
7th March 2015, 11:19 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nationalmaverick

Work in phone repairs.
Many phones require adhesive heating to get to the internals.
All the Sony's Z's, for example.

So you would be able to do this easily...is it a special kind of adhesive? How easy is the process?
7th March 2015, 11:21 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
Donate to Me
More
Im sure it works similar to this...cant be too hard!!

http://youtu.be/gYDXuK_Hy3I
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes