Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 53,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NAMELESS ROM]: could not answer calls "com.android.incallui has stopped" [LOGS]

Tip us?

muayyadalsadi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [NAMELESS ROM]: could not answer calls "com.android.incallui has stopped" [LOGS]

hi,

if you open dialer and you got a call while the dailer if visible you won't be able to answer because com.android.incallui has stopped
as you can see in the secreenshot

the bug is not random and reproducible, just open the dialer and ask anyone to call you while you dialer is visible

I'm using nameless 4.4.4-20140720 but the bug is not specific to this release

the reason for this is included in the logs (full attached)

Code:
W/dalvikvm( 2083): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x415df698)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): Process: com.android.incallui, PID: 2083
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service com.android.incallui.service.NonIntrusiveService@41b77068 with Intent { act=action_start cmp=com.android.dialer/com.android.incallui.service.NonIntrusiveService }: android.view.WindowManager$BadTokenException: Unable to add window android.view.ViewRootImpl$W@41ad1648 -- permission denied for this window type
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2736)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2100(ActivityThread.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1302)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5139)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:795)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:611)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): Caused by: android.view.WindowManager$BadTokenException: Unable to add window android.view.ViewRootImpl$W@41ad1648 -- permission denied for this window type
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.view.ViewRootImpl.setView(ViewRootImpl.java:556)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.view.WindowManagerGlobal.addView(WindowManagerGlobal.java:259)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.addView(WindowManagerImpl.java:69)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at com.android.incallui.service.NonIntrusiveService.showNonIntrusive(NonIntrusiveService.java:153)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at com.android.incallui.service.NonIntrusiveService.onStartCommand(NonIntrusiveService.java:88)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2719)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): 	... 10 more
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (20.7 KB, 3 views)

sam_777
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Yes there were problem with in call ui but last few builds are proving it is solved. However, goto phone settings and turn off in call lookup settings. May solve it.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Free mobile app

bageraz
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by muayyadalsadi View Post
hi,

if you open dialer and you got a call while the dailer if visible you won't be able to answer because com.android.incallui has stopped
as you can see in the secreenshot

the bug is not random and reproducible, just open the dialer and ask anyone to call you while you dialer is visible

I'm using nameless 4.4.4-20140720 but the bug is not specific to this release

the reason for this is included in the logs (full attached)

Code:
W/dalvikvm( 2083): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x415df698)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): Process: com.android.incallui, PID: 2083
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service com.android.incallui.service.NonIntrusiveService@41b77068 with Intent { act=action_start cmp=com.android.dialer/com.android.incallui.service.NonIntrusiveService }: android.view.WindowManager$BadTokenException: Unable to add window android.view.ViewRootImpl$W@41ad1648 -- permission denied for this window type
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2736)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2100(ActivityThread.java:144)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1302)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5139)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:795)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:611)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): Caused by: android.view.WindowManager$BadTokenException: Unable to add window android.view.ViewRootImpl$W@41ad1648 -- permission denied for this window type
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.view.ViewRootImpl.setView(ViewRootImpl.java:556)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.view.WindowManagerGlobal.addView(WindowManagerGlobal.java:259)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.addView(WindowManagerImpl.java:69)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at com.android.incallui.service.NonIntrusiveService.showNonIntrusive(NonIntrusiveService.java:153)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at com.android.incallui.service.NonIntrusiveService.onStartCommand(NonIntrusiveService.java:88)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:2719)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2083): ... 10 more
Do full wipe and flash latest rom build. Dirty flash wont solve the problem. I know this because i experienced it myself

the only arsenal in possession
SAMSUNG GALAXY SL
OnePlus One 64GB
The Following User Says Thank You to bageraz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

muayyadalsadi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bageraz View Post
Do full wipe and flash latest rom build. Dirty flash wont solve the problem. I know this because i experienced it myself

I'll and let's see what will happen

bageraz
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by muayyadalsadi View Post
I'll and let's see what will happen
here is a proof from Google+ Official NamelessROM Community. See in comment.
https://plus.google.com/104845536707...ts/fQmf9JNV1NP
the only arsenal in possession
SAMSUNG GALAXY SL
OnePlus One 64GB

muayyadalsadi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
thank you, the two solutions worked.