FORUMS

[HOW-TO] Root Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262

208 posts
Thanks Meter: 203
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD Cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about this guide before following it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
* And if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD ONLY BE PERFORMED ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR PRO/PLUS (GT-S7262)

Steps:



1] Download SuperSU.zip

2] Transfer it (without extracting) to your phone's External SD Card

3] Download recovery.tar.md5

4] Switch off your phone

5] Put your phone in Download Mode (Volume down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously)

6] Press Volume Up to continue when asked

7] Download Odin.zip on your PC

8] Extract Odin.zip with Winrar and open Odin.exe file (the file with a blue icon)

9] Connect Phone to PC with USB Cable

10] Wait for some 15 seconds and see if COM(number) port has come in Blue colour

11] Select PDA and browse to recovery.tar.md5

12] Click the Flash button

13] Wait for it to show RESET in blue colour

14] After it shows Reset Disconnect phone from PC by removing USB Cable

15] Remove Battery of Phone

16] Insert Battery of phone

17] Put your phone in Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously)

Now use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down (To go up, press Volume Up button Once. To go down, press Volume Down button Once) And To select an option, use the Power Button

18] Go to Install Zip From SD Card Select it

19] Go to Choose Zip From SD Card Select it

20] Now browse to SuperSU.zip where you had transferred it to your external SD Card

21] Select It

22] Go to Yes by pressing Volume Down button. Select it

23] After the process completes, your phone is successfully rooted

24] Now Go Back And Select Reboot Phone

25] Enjoy!


FAQ


Q1] I'm facing White Screen during recovery!

> This is because you are on an older firmware version. You should download a firmware later than S7262XXUAND5.
Recommended firmware version: S7262XXUANF1
Remember. Flash only if u have white screen recovery problem. Otherwise you don't need to.
Steps to flash firmware:
1] Download the firmware
2] Extract the .zip file with Winrar
3] You will get a .tar.md5 file
4] Follow Steps 4 to 16 mentioned above. But you will flash the (firmware name).tar.md5 instead of recovery.tar.md5
5] After this, flash the recovery by the procedure mentioned above.
6] Your recovery should now work

Please Click the Thanks Button Guys! Please Sign In with a Google account if you dont have an XDA account and come here and click the thanks button! Hope this Guide helped you! If you guys have any problem, quote me here.
Last edited by regalstreak; 12th February 2015 at 06:21 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to regalstreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
8th February 2015, 05:55 AM |#2  
TechGuyDev's Avatar
Member
Flag Banglore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by regalstreak

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD Cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about this guide before following it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
* And if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD ONLY BE PERFORMED ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR PRO/PLUS (GT-S7262)

Steps:



1] Download SuperSU.zip

2] Transfer it (without extracting) to your phone's External SD Card

3] Download recovery.tar.md5

4] Switch off your phone

5] Put your phone in Download Mode (Volume down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously)

6] Press Volume Up to continue when asked

7] Download Odin.zip on your PC

8] Extract Odin.zip with Winrar and open Odin.exe file (the file with a blue icon)

9] Connect Phone to PC with USB Cable

10] Wait for some 15 seconds and see if COM(number) port has come in Blue colour

11] Select PDA and browse to recovery.tar.md5

12] Click the Flash button

13] Wait for it to show RESET in blue colour

14] After it shows Reset Disconnect phone from PC by removing USB Cable

15] Remove Battery of Phone

16] Insert Battery of phone

17] Put your phone in Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously)

Now use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down (To go up, press Volume Up button Once. To go down, press Volume Down button Once) And To select an option, use the Power Button

18] Go to Install Zip From SD Card Select it

19] Go to Choose Zip From SD Card Select it

20] Now browse to SuperSU.zip where you had transferred it to your external SD Card

21] Select It

22] Go to Yes by pressing Volume Down button. Select it

23] After the process completes, your phone is successfully rooted

24] Now Go Back And Select Reboot Phone

25] Enjoy!

Please Click the Thanks Button Guys! Please Sign In with a Google account if you dont have an XDA account and come here and click the thanks button! Hope this Guide helped you! If you guys have any problem, quote me here.

Bro are you sure it will work on this S7262XXUANJ1 stock rom ?
8th February 2015, 09:58 AM |#3  
regalstreak's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGuyDev

Bro are you sure it will work on this S7262XXUANJ1 stock rom ?

Yaa ofcourse! Nd if it doesn't, we will find a soln...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regalstreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2015, 02:56 PM |#4  
TechGuyDev's Avatar
Member
Flag Banglore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by regalstreak

Yaa ofcourse! Nd if it doesn't, we will find a soln...


Everything i have done which you have mentioned but still recovery mode ain't open i think the problem is i should download old firmware
which you have shared earlier post then may be this one is work ...
12th February 2015, 11:30 AM |#5  
regalstreak's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGuyDev

Everything i have done which you have mentioned but still recovery mode ain't open i think the problem is i should download old firmware
which you have shared earlier post then may be this one is work ...

Send me a YouTube video link of yr problem
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to regalstreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2015, 08:50 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thanks a lot bro, this method worked nicely on my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to Rahmad_ID For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2015, 10:36 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
This is the only rooting guide that works 100% of time on all latest firmwares of s7262.
The Following User Says Thank You to malic111 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2015, 02:49 PM |#8  
waqaswasil's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by regalstreak

Hope this Guide helped you! If you guys have any problem, quote me here.

Thank You, Worked Perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGuyDev

Everything i have done which you have mentioned but still recovery mode ain't open i think the problem is i should download old firmware
which you have shared earlier post then may be this one is work ...

I also have the same firmware and this method is working perfectly for me. I think I know what you are doing wrong, first you have to press the power button and then immediately press volume up + home button, when you see the S7262 logo, leave the power button but keep holding volume up + home button until you see the recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to waqaswasil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2015, 08:36 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up Verified Working
I have completed this root method and verified it works using the S7262XXUANJ1 stock ROM. Doing everything as stated, it works perfectly - no white screen, no soft brick or malfunctions.

EDIT: After the final startup I had to update SuperSU via Google Play.
Last edited by zynperor; 15th May 2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Package update needed.
15th May 2015, 11:30 AM |#11  
aabhishekz's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Help needed.
Every time I enable app in xpose then my phone always
restart when I power off.
And when I disable apps in xpose then problem solve
But I want to enable apps..help plz

Sent from my GT-S7262 using XDA Free mobile app

Sent from my GT-S7262 using XDA Free mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes