Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 52,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installed ROM for the first time and got myself into trouble - please help

Tip us?

imgingi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Installed ROM for the first time and got myself into trouble - please help

So I always knew that ROMs are powerful and adding an extra dimension to an old device.
I had a TAB 10.1 and decide to install kitkat on it- [KK 4.4.4]Nameless ROM GT.
Followed Zedomax from highonandroid from a movie I found on YouTube and I can't be more frustrated!
The whole device is slow, the app store is not installed, I'm not used to anything and the whole OS glitches and freezes.
What the hell do I do now? Can someone please help me before I'll lose my mind? I start to regret I did this whole rooting thing but it's obviously too late.
When I got on the official tread of that ROM on the developers forum I see 800+ pages and I don't even know where to start.
In a search for a good soul out there who will save me from that mess.
Thanks!

imgingi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default to be more specific

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgingi View Post
So I always knew that ROMs are powerful and adding an extra dimension to an old device.
Followed Zedomax from highonandroid from a movie I found on YouTube and I can't be more frustrated!
The whole device is slow, the app store is not installed, I'm not used to anything and the whole OS glitches and freezes.
What the hell do I do now? Can someone please help me before I'll lose my mind? I start to regret I did this whole rooting thing but it's obviously too late.
When I got on the official tread of that ROM on the developers forum I see 800+ pages and I don't even know where to start.
Thanks!
I would like to know how to install the Google Play store.
Tried everything I saw online (manula download from the browser) but after installation the deivce wont open the store. It'll try, a white screen will appear and nothing happens. Somone?

whatabody
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I would like to know how to install the Google Play store.
Tried everything I saw online (manula download from the browser) but after installation the deivce wont open the store. It'll try, a white screen will appear and nothing happens. Somone?
same problems as you

L3R0N
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Thanks!
Well when installing a ROM you should also have the appropriate gapps package as well. The gapps package contains the play store and syncing libs needed as well as some other Google apps hence the name gapps. You could use Google to find the gapps package for your android version. Download it, reboot into recovery and flash. Reboot and play store should be there.