Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Questions about P5100

Tip us?

linuxseeker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Questions about P5100

Hi team,

Sorry if I ask in the wrong thread, as I'm new to the forum.

Please I have questions about my ROOTED Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 (3G) with the LATEST OMNIROM (4.4.4-20140819-p5100-nightly):

1) is it possible to install Touchwiz UX on it?

2) Is there a theme to install (like the white one in the original factory rom), as with my omnirom, it is a basic GUI?

3) Is it possible to activate (by some hidden option) the wifi hotspot? it was working before I decided to move to the omnirom. Note that the Bluetooth tethering still work for me.

If all this require to change from omnirom to other rom, what do you advice ?

Thanks a lot for your precious help.

linuxseeker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Any advice team ?

tetakpatak
Old
Thanks Meter 1,705
1. AMAIK, nothing createx for TW works on AOSP
2. IDK, never tried it on my P5110 as I liked Omni's UI
3. Yes, it should be there

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * my threads on XDA forum: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
i9000 full guide, N7100 / t0lte dual-boot FAQ thread, S8000 Jét dual-boot full guide, ADB & fastboot install guide for Ubuntu
The Following User Says Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

linuxseeker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak View Post
1. AMAIK, nothing createx for TW works on AOSP
2. IDK, never tried it on my P5110 as I liked Omni's UI
3. Yes, it should be there

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo
Thanks tetakpatak. But still i cannot use wifi hot-spot with any version of omnirom. Note that dit was working on thé stock ROM and other tethering work dell. Thanks fort advicing.

tetakpatak
Old
Thanks Meter 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxseeker View Post
Thanks tetakpatak. But still i cannot use wifi hot-spot with any version of omnirom. Note that dit was working on thé stock ROM and other tethering work dell. Thanks fort advicing.
Mate, it definitely should work... but I own a Wi-Fi only version so I can't try myself.

Did you manage to setup the password? Or is it greyed out? If you aren't using any custom kernel, please try to create logcat while starting the wifi hotspot and post it in the ROM development thread for our developer, @Android-Andi
He might ask you for few more logs to debug the problem.

One more thing: did you instal totally clean way, after formatting all (including also /system)? It is very important for Kitkat ROMs.

tetakpatalked from N7100
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * my threads on XDA forum: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
i9000 full guide, N7100 / t0lte dual-boot FAQ thread, S8000 Jét dual-boot full guide, ADB & fastboot install guide for Ubuntu

linuxseeker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak View Post
Mate, it definitely should work... but I own a Wi-Fi only version so I can't try myself.

Did you manage to setup the password? Or is it greyed out? If you aren't using any custom kernel, please try to create logcat while starting the wifi hotspot and post it in the ROM development thread for our developer, @Android-Andi
He might ask you for few more logs to debug the problem.

One more thing: did you instal totally clean way, after formatting all (including also /system)? It is very important for Kitkat ROMs.

tetakpatalked from N7100
The wifi hotspot SEEMS working, as it does not show any errors. But there is no wifi hotspot !
wifi connection To a router works well, USB tethering and Bluetooth tethering also Work. But there is no wifi HOTSPOT.
The problem started after I installed OMNIROM. And yes I did a clean installation