Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unroot + downgrade P7500 3G concerns

OP ZerReaper

22nd July 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Hi, my P7500 3G is currently on a custom ROM running 4.4.2, and I would like to unroot it and downgrade back to 3.2 or 4.0.4 stock as I am planning to sell it off. But if I recall correctly, repartitioning was required when the jump to 4.2 was made. So how will this affect me if I am trying to downgrade it?

Thank in advance!
22nd July 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 40

226 posts
More
Just download the correct tar.md5 files from Sammobile and flash it using Odin then access stock recovery and perform a factory reset and reboot. You should be good to go, that's the way I downgrade my tab and I don't see any abnormalities.
22nd July 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemDoctor

Just download the correct tar.md5 files from Sammobile and flash it using Odin then access stock recovery and perform a factory reset and reboot. You should be good to go, that's the way I downgrade my tab and I don't see any abnormalities.

As long as the stock rom and stock recovery files are correct, there should not be any issues? I will try to flash using ODIN for rom, previously tried to flash using cwm, but keep getting an error..
22nd July 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 40

226 posts
More
Yes as long as the files for the device are correct, go on and continue and CWM doesn't support tar.md5 and you may want to look at the deepsleep for the p7500 for a better battery life. Here's a link:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=39906672
Last edited by SystemDoctor; 22nd July 2014 at 10:57 AM.
22nd July 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag Subang Jaya
Thanks Meter: 907

1,837 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerReaper

As long as the stock rom and stock recovery files are correct, there should not be any issues? I will try to flash using ODIN for rom, previously tried to flash using cwm, but keep getting an error..

Just that all your files will be in a "0" folder because of the sdcard changes in 4.2. You would have to manually move them out of the 0 folder. But since you're planning to sell it, you can just wipe your internal memory in recovery.
30th July 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99

Just that all your files will be in a "0" folder because of the sdcard changes in 4.2. You would have to manually move them out of the 0 folder. But since you're planning to sell it, you can just wipe your internal memory in recovery.

Okay, just wanna let you guys know that I have successfully flash back to stock using ODIN. The first time I did it, the device was stuck at the Samsung logo. I waited until about 45 minutes and decided to force restart and enter recovery to wipe data and cache. After which, the device was able to boot successfully into Android.

Thank you for all your help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread