Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HDMI Adaptor for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Tip us?

benbenbenjamin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] HDMI Adaptor for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Hey guys, I know there has been various posts around the topic of HDMI adaptor for Tab 2,
however I still want to start this thread, to conclude/ summarize:

If there is indeed one HDMI Adaptor which is COMPATIBLE with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 inch ?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to benbenbenjamin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenbenjamin View Post
Hey guys, I know there has been various posts around the topic of HDMI adaptor for Tab 2,
however I still want to start this thread, to conclude/ summarize:

If there is indeed one HDMI Adaptor which is COMPATIBLE with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 inch ?

Thanks
Yes, you are correct its been covered before. its here
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...EPL-3PHPBEGSTA
Galaxy Tab™ HDTV Adapter
“**Compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Galaxy Tab 7.7, and
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1”

NOT Compatible with Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
$39.95

All please research before posting please.
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

benbenbenjamin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
Yes, you are correct its been covered before. its here
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/gal...EPL-3PHPBEGSTA
Galaxy Tab™ HDTV Adapter
“**Compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Galaxy Tab 7.7, and
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1”

$39.95

nah tried that one before,, and had no luck with it
Anyway, decided to go with Apple TV Airplay with iMac...

dragaoheremita
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Tested?

Someone test this adaptor?
This work on all roms?
Here in Brazil it´is expensive, i need some "evaluation" before i buy.

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragaoheremita View Post
Someone test this adaptor?
This work on all roms?
Here in Brazil it´is expensive, i need some "evaluation" before i buy.
Only works with stock ROMs . Will not work with CM based or AOSP
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalMD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roddaz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ive been reading many posts about the HDMI adaptor not working... I just downloaded Samsungs Samsung care app and according to the tv out section my G Tab 2 10.1 p5110 does not support it... maybe if somebody tried the same app on a device which has been successful in using the adaptor and see what it says on that device.
Also these tabs are bril... I saved over 100 £ on the device just costing me about 180 £. Bargin!

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddaz View Post
Ive been reading many posts about the HDMI adaptor not working... I just downloaded Samsungs Samsung care app and according to the tv out section my G Tab 2 10.1 p5110 does not support it... maybe if somebody tried the same app on a device which has been successful in using the adaptor and see what it says on that device.
Also these tabs are bril... I saved over 100 £ on the device just costing me about 180 £. Bargin!
Galaxy Tab™ HDTV Adapter
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1”

$39.95

nyydynasty
Old
Thanks Meter 217
just got this adapter today. As previously thought, it does not work on CM10 but what's weird is that my wife has the original Tab 10.1 and it works on her's running CM10.
Anyway, I'm going to reflash my Tab with another ROM to test it out.

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyydynasty View Post
just got this adapter today. As previously thought, it does not work on CM10 but what's weird is that my wife has the original Tab 10.1 and it works on her's running CM10.
Anyway, I'm going to reflash my Tab with another ROM to test it out.
Video out does not work on any CM based ROM

nyydynasty
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
Video out does not work on any CM based ROM
That's what I'm saying. Our Tab running CM10 plays video and audio perfect. There must be some modification in that rom to make it work. Oh well, at least one of our tablets works