[discussion] android 7.0 for the tab-2 ( gt-51xx/ gt-31xx)

Search This thread

jeffreymcclain

Jul 24, 2015
I'm also curious, I was really hoping to see an Android N release for the Tab 2 in the not too distant future.

I understand if the devs would rather focus on other projects, but I'd honestly rather see a buggy but functioning Android N rom than fully polished older Roms. AFAIK, CM 13 already seems relatively stable, as do the older CM and Slim builds. I welcome any additional improvements, but I'd prefer if the devs focused more on Android N.

smart-t78

Jun 24, 2014
www.androidfilehost.com
I'm also curious, I was really hoping to see an Android N release for the Tab 2 in the not too distant future.

I understand if the devs would rather focus on other projects, but I'd honestly rather see a buggy but functioning Android N rom than fully polished older Roms. AFAIK, CM 13 already seems relatively stable, as do the older CM and Slim builds. I welcome any additional improvements, but I'd prefer if the devs focused more on Android N.
you forgot something;)
andi is a real person and he have a real life;)
he support omni, cm, slim, aosp in different versions. thats very much work and every version need some love to be up to date.
so if you cant wait for a N build, all sources are free to use:good::)

Reactions: Android-Andi

Lightracer

May 28, 2016
you forgot something;)
andi is a real person and he have a real life;)
he support omni, cm, slim, aosp in different versions. thats very much work and every version need some love to be up to date.
so if you cant wait for a N build, all sources are free to use:good::)
Yes, I agree. Andi has a life of his own and he is only doing this as a hobby. Let him enjoy what he likes to do

hollandais

Nov 13, 2012
Morsang sur Orge

As you probably knows, there are still some problems with most cm 13 based ROM's. And I think that a real good developer doesn't want to start full time a new development unless all the others are "finalized". So be patient, I think that it will come....

Envoyé de mon Galaxy Tab 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

abhatia1435

Oct 19, 2014
Panipat
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
AOSP 7.0

Noticed this today..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161204-175259.png
    Screenshot_20161204-175259.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 665
Reactions: sinisthro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm skeptical at this point for OMAP developers especially @Android-Andi and @Ziyan to release Android N for our device since it's 4 years old now
    If you knew about our work in progress.... ;)
    hw5uj62xo93duxzlqmf3.jpg

Hey Guys , As we all know that Android N has been released for the Nexus devices and there are also Custom Roms released already for many of the other devices, So I created this thread for discussing about the Android N Custom rom for our device.
    Pls dont pm in other threads asking for N...

The good news is we have good devs such as @Android-Andi , @Ziyan and also the Omni team. They are working on Android N.....so it would be helpful if people stop asking for N....and wait for a while
    P.S
    @Android-Andi @Ziyan Thank you for your hard work on making our tabs awsome....:D
    we might got 3 lineages(@Android-Andi @facoco & @Markox89), full of joy.
    My goal is to get LineageOS back official.

New TWRP uploaded, flashes 7.1 fine. Enjoy! @Ziyan updated his thread for more information about Unlegacy-Android.
    Don't bother with my lineage-14.1 espressowifi builds just yet ;) They don't boot but go right back to TWRP [emoji14] All credit goes to Android-Andi, but I guess he's still working on the appropriate repos.

I've removed my builds for now but I'll leave my "espressowifi" folder in place for the future when Android-Andi improves his code.
    I hoped no one tried yet to compile it. I have some important parts only on private repos, what's public yet is only some general parts. Still squashing major bugs (some N ROMs have problems with WiFi, once connected: bloom - reboot).

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk
    7.1 needs a new recovery because we switched to a 3.4 kernel (experimental, e.g. cam not working, without a new recovery you would have to modify the updater-script to get the rom flashed). We are currently testing the new TWRP in hope you can soon smell a small taste of N.