Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCUSSION] Android Marshmallow 6.0 on Galaxy Tab 2

284 posts
Thanks Meter: 155

By Gabrius99, Senior Member on 5th December 2015, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
"FINALLY WE GET IT!"

Old post here
Since there are too many request to all developers about releasing or not a 6.0 custom ROM, I will start this thread on which we can talk about porting 6.0 and problem that there could be.
I'll post here all news if there will be, AND PLEASE DON'T ASK INCESSANTLY FOR ETAs

@CCD booted a build of Candy6 and that there is some work to do yet, but for now he didn't have much time.

@Android-Andi and @Ziyan booted already a build of 6.0, but there are many work at kernel level due to the use of Samsung kernel sources full of bloatware. Probably will need more work to get a good stability (remember that Tab2 is an old medium device), but many users asked him incessantly ETAs, something annoying and unnerving

So probably we have to wait a bit, if you have something to say, please don't mess other developent thread and don't pm continuously, but ask here (nothing prevents you from trying to build a test version however)

Finally the first builds of Marshmallow are out:
  • CM13:

Thanks to @Android-Andi and @Ziyan

Bugs:
    - Keyboard FC fixed in 30-01 build
    - Call doesn't work fixed
    - Issues with SDcard mounting fixed in 30-01 build

The ROM is almost stable and ready for daily driver, it can be some lags due to very old hardware (Tab is from 2012 eheheh) but overall is a lot better than stock and very usable, thanks also to 908 MB of ram

- Galaxy Tab 2 7"
    - Galaxy Tab 2 10"

Obviusly you have to wipe system, cache and data before install, reboot to recovery once and install rom and GApps
  • crDroid 6.0:

Thanks to @jejecule

Bugs:
    - Keyboard FC (flash fix below)
    - Call doesn't work (only 3g variant)

Links:

- Tab 2 7"

Same here, before flash you have to wipe system, cache, then reboot recovery once and flash ROM, Gapps and the keyboard
  • CandySix:

Thanks to @CCD

Bugs:
    - Overclock to 1350 Mhz cause freeze and random reboot

Threads:

Tab 2 7"

Here for the best GApps or HERE

Don't forget to thank

Omap4 Developers:

@Ziyan
@MWisBest @Hashcode @freshgiammi @bsmitty83
@Icepeda
@Pattyboi
@Jiangyi
@Grarak
@Android-Andi
@stargo

Tab 2 Developers:
@CCD
@jejecule
Last edited by Gabrius99; 16th May 2016 at 04:30 PM.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Gabrius99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gabrius99 Ad-Free

5th December 2015, 08:45 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 22,548

More
Nah, it was booting one week after google published M source, lol. Thx to @Ziyan who got it first booting.

Why there's no build yet? Because some spammer are really going on our nervs - people don't stop silly pms asking for M, M, M, M, M....

Anything besides? Yes, we are working on a new kernel. We spend many hours each day on it but there's nothing that needs public testing yet.

Be patient and M will be out for tab 2 soon or later, if stupid PMs don't stop there's no future (at least i am not willing to do anything public in future).

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1449348334228.png
Views:	1930
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	3566196
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
5th December 2015, 10:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bronte

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi

Nah, it was booting one week after google published M source, lol. Thx to @Ziyan who got it first booting.

Why there's no build yet? Because some spammer are really going on our nervs - people don't stop silly pms asking for M, M, M, M, M....

Anything besides? Yes, we are working on a new kernel. We spend many hours each day on it but there's nothing that needs public testing yet.

Be patient and M will be out for tab 2 soon or later, if stupid PMs don't stop there's no future (at least i am not willing to do anything public in future).

Attachment 3566196

Good! I know that stupid people made many pm request and so I have created this thread, at least they can ask here
But exactly what are you doing you and @Ziyan to the kernel?
6th December 2015, 09:10 AM |#4  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:

Attachment 3566196

yeah there quite a lot of annoying people out there, but i dont think innocent people like us should suffer cause of a few nitwits out there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bipindr123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bipindr123 Ad-Free
6th December 2015, 11:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Can someone confirm if this is true?
I found this site that has a marshmallow ROM for p3100 but I have doubts so can someone confirm if this is true? https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&s...qGNtkbNPIsJtrg
6th December 2015, 01:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidBaberm

I found this site that has a marshmallow ROM for p3100 but I have doubts so can someone confirm if this is true? https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&s...qGNtkbNPIsJtrg

It's fake. You'll find here, on the right time.
6th December 2015, 01:18 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisthro

It's fake. You'll find here, on the right time.

Glad to know its fake while its still early thanks dude
8th December 2015, 05:43 PM |#8  
Flag Oldsmar Fl
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
would be nice on the tab2
Howdy,
I just got two sch-I915 galaxy tab 2 10.1" from Verizon for buying two note 4s
still looking into it but is the a cm build for it I see the 5100's and others but do not see the Verizon variant listed much.
Would be nice to have 6.0 on the tab if it will run it
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrius99

"THERE WILL BE ANY CM13/6.0/CANDY6/SLIMMM FOR OUR TAB??"

Since there are too many request to all developers about releasing or not a 6.0 custom ROM, I will start this thread on which we can talk about porting 6.0 and problem that there could be.
I'll post here all news if there will be, AND PLEASE DON'T ASK INCESSANTLY FOR ETAs

@CCD booted a build of Candy6 and that there is some work to do yet, but for now he didn't have much time.

@Android-Andi and @Ziyan booted already a build of 6.0, but there are many work at kernel level due to the use of Samsung kernel sources full of bloatware. Probably will need more work to get a good stability (remember that Tab2 is an old medium device), but many users asked him incessantly ETAs, something annoying and unnerving

So probably we have to wait a bit, if you have something to say, please don't mess other developent thread and don't pm continuously, but ask here (nothing prevents you from trying to build a test version however)

9th December 2015, 01:03 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bronte

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB0SDQ

Howdy,
I just got two sch-I915 galaxy tab 2 10.1" from Verizon for buying two note 4s
still looking into it but is the a cm build for it I see the 5100's and others but do not see the Verizon variant listed much.
Would be nice to have 6.0 on the tab if it will run it
Doug

There was a build of cm12.1 for tab2 7' vzw, but for tab2 10 vzw I don't know. See in the android development thread of tab2 10
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabrius99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gabrius99 Ad-Free
9th December 2015, 11:54 PM |#10  
Flag Oldsmar Fl
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Attachment 3566196

Was wondering, I have the sch-I915 Verizon galazy tab 2 10.1"
Does this cover this tab also? If not if you need any files both these tabs are brand new never messed with
And thanks for all you folks do.
Last edited by KB0SDQ; 9th December 2015 at 11:56 PM.
10th December 2015, 04:27 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 22,548

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB0SDQ

Was wondering, I have the sch-I915 Verizon galazy tab 2 10.1"
Does this cover this tab also? (...)

No, and i won't work on it. It has completely different hardware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)