FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[P3110] Battery Charging Issues

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By rgxHost, Senior Member on 2nd March 2016, 02:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings;

Im having a weird issue (again - but with different device now).
After re-flashing about 4 or 5 times my p3110 with stock firmware (i never used customs) my battery wont charge to 100% anymore... It will reach 99% and wont reach 100%.

This happened to me previously with i9003.
Actually with i9003 everytime i flashed my device the battery would show a lower value each time.
Also; with i9003 i used Custom Roms; and used to " Erase Battery Stats "; wich such erase seemed to be the problem.
Since i've never erased my stats (to keep my device as close to factory as possible); what could be causing this issue?

Any experts on this matter that can provide me accurate info?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards;
Richard

3rd March 2016, 11:45 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgxHost

Greetings;

Im having a weird issue (again - but with different device now).
After re-flashing about 4 or 5 times my p3110 with stock firmware (i never used customs) my battery wont charge to 100% anymore... It will reach 99% and wont reach 100%.

This happened to me previously with i9003.
Actually with i9003 everytime i flashed my device the battery would show a lower value each time.
Also; with i9003 i used Custom Roms; and used to " Erase Battery Stats "; wich such erase seemed to be the problem.
Since i've never erased my stats (to keep my device as close to factory as possible); what could be causing this issue?

Any experts on this matter that can provide me accurate info?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards;
Richard

The first thing that must be checked here is that wall charger and usb cables are not at fault. It maybe a coincidence that happened at the same time you started flashing stock firmware.

2nd depends on the firmware which you have chosen,
Different firmwares have different ways of working. Some have blocking modes, some have power saving modes, different set of features, different bugs as well too.
It might be a glitch altogether as well.

Nobody can explain this exactly accurate unless you try these options. Mine aee just aimed at pointing you to the right direction.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

One more point, tried discharging it completely? Then charging it in offline/online mode?

Now what about battery stats?

Erasing battery stats, well if you have searched on google about it, you would have seen mixed comments about it's affecting battery life, some says it does help, some says it doesn't.
Some feels It's better to do it and
some prefer better to leave it untouched.

My experience on same issue
I had 2 same sduos devices.

on both I used to flash roms
Custom, stock, everything.

Only difference was, on first one, I did erase battery stats many times.

And the second one I didn't ever touched it.

Result-well the first one, I got 4 other batteries replaced for it, and even the new ones would have trouble keeping the charge on the device after I wiped the battery stats. I couldn't blame the battery stockist for giving me 4 faulty batteries. Battery levels were erratic on stock, on custom.

Second one seems working pretty much nicely and i still haven't replaced the original one. Although on this, sometimes I have a glitch, where battery level would drastically go down after restarting the device and slowly build up to the same level without charging.
I know it's a glitch coming from the custom kernel side. Altogether it's better this way.
The Following User Says Thank You to billysam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billysam Ad-Free
3rd March 2016, 11:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kaiserslautern

More
Greetings Billysam;

Thanks for your repply.
I aleady had checked both (Charger and Cables) they seem to be just fine.
Yesterday i decided to give my p3110 a good rest while charging and finally it charged completely.
Seems like the last 1% (to achieve full battery charge) requires a little bit more time than usual.
It may have been something related to the last flash i've done or due to constant use.
Stil... It is hard to point out what has really happened.

I was a little bit affraid that my battery or System got messed up somehow.

Do you know if flashing affects the Battery Stats in any way?
3rd March 2016, 12:23 PM |#4  
Quote:

Greetings Billysam;

Thanks for your repply.
I aleady had checked both (Charger and Cables) they seem to be just fine.
Yesterday i decided to give my p3110 a good rest while charging and finally it charged completely.
Seems like the last 1% (to achieve full battery charge) requires a little bit more time than usual.
It may have been something related to the last flash i've done or due to constant use.
Stil... It is hard to point out what has really happened.

I was a little bit affraid that my battery or System got messed up somehow.

Do you know if flashing affects the Battery Stats in any way?

The last one percent does take extra time to reach that last 100% charged level.

The answer to your question is Yes and no.
Where is batterystats stored? It's stored inside root/data/system folder
When you flash or format your device data, it gets wiped too as well
So, Yes. cause it got deleted even when you only deleted data.

It affect battery No. Why?
What information that file has? Is it really important?

Information that you see in settings battery
It holds record of all the past history not the current ones. Or future ones.
Now you decide.
The Following User Says Thank You to billysam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billysam Ad-Free
3rd March 2016, 01:52 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kaiserslautern

More
Greetings;

Superb Answer!
Exactly the answer i required.
That gives me whole new perspective, and confirms my theory regarding past and new files when flashing.
The Following User Says Thank You to rgxHost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rgxHost Ad-Free
4th March 2016, 12:18 AM |#6  
Quote:

Greetings;

Superb Answer!
Exactly the answer i required.
That gives me whole new perspective, and confirms my theory regarding past and new files when flashing.

Further additional bummers

I was checking the batterystat in my device, and to my findings i saw, the file got modified after I full charged the device. So, it gets rewritten/modified/deleted after each full cycle. So, regardless of flashing rom or data, that file is constantly deleted, modified and created!!

Now suppose if I decide to delete that file holding my current charge capacity information, or the better so called "battery calibration" or "wipe battery stats" from cwm, which is nothing more than deleting it the same way from a root manager.

The file would be created again after restart, with new stats, which could be random or the lowest or highest values, according to the algorithm. Which would be seriously clueless of what the heck did happened to it!

That should clear why people claimed to have good and bad experience with their battery stats.

Even if their battery were good, the stats showed it bad and vice versa.

The algorithm is not at all easy to crack, let alone be calibrated. Even If someone would try to do it, Highly impractical, nor worth it. False claims.

Easiest was deleting it, thinking of it as a refresh, users would do it. And termed the coin calibrated.
"Got better", worked!!
No? Keep Wipe again and again.

So many apps were popular for calibration as well that time. Around 4 years back. I Can't remember their names but i did tried them as well!, in the beginning!!
I did learn from my mistake over the years, thanks to you I looked for answer inside me today. Although I stopped that habbit long ago, but you reminded me of digging deeper today

It should never be done.
4th March 2016, 12:55 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kaiserslautern

More
Greetings Billysam;

Thank God i'm not the only one reaching such conclusion.
I've done pretty much the same steps; except i didn't knew what to check within the "battery stats" file, and i wasn't aware of the algorythm behind it.
I've tested pretty much those applications as well by that time with my i9003. (Back then someone said iDeleting Battery Stats / Calibrating had a "bogus" effect...)
Well.. I did noticed lots of differences each time i Deleted the " Battery Stats " - Either with CWM or through some application.
Sometimes Good improvement, sometimes terrible (until battery got fat, and stopped charging completely - Actually my i9003 is stuck at 60 or 80%, it simply wont go further).
After so many "Mistakes" on my i9003 i realized that the Battery Stats should be left untouched to prevent any " damage " / issues. I just didn't had a clue what exactly was behind that " Battery Stats " file ( Changes and Operations - or Code if you Prefer)

With all this being said and tested.
It seems Logical that Whenever we put a device charging, it should charge completely without interruptions.. Else it may or may not corrupt the file, algorythm or make the battery faulty.

Maybe these are the reasons why manufacturers advice people to fully charge their devices, and in some devices to "Not Fully Discharge " them.
Ofcourse, this is just a theory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)