[Q&A] [ROM][P51xx][4.4.4] OmniROM

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][P51xx][4.4.4] OmniROM

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

souljhazz

Feb 15, 2014
Anyone could ans...

hi i got a p5100 device that runs on stock jellybean 4.1.2 and i would just like to know the following

1. Is my bootloader JB since my devices now is updated to 4.1.2 via OTA??
2. Given that my bootloader is not JB do i still need to unlock it to flash custom roms without problems?
3. Does the device region have a significant issue regarding flashing customs roms (omni / cyanogenmod ) ? ... like it might not worth to this specific device though is P5100 but from this region/CSC/PDA etc.. (well samsung does have a couple of devices with different codes )
4. Is there a way to root without using PC?

-- Im not new to rooting and flashing roms, i have done it to my phone which is 2.3.5 GB device not samsung though so i didnt have problems regarding different versions and stuff cause they are all the same....

Hope anyone could help me out i want to flash a custom rom to my tab with less casualties and i want to make sure that i do right to avoid total brick

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
1. Yes, you now have JB Bootloader

2. We do not need to unlock our bootloader, it is not locked.

4. No, but you don't need root, you need a custom recovery to flash a custom rom. You can flash a custom recovery using odin or heimdall.

Send from OnePlus One using Tapatalk

souljhazz

Feb 15, 2014
Thank You so Much

1. Yes, you now have JB Bootloader

2. We do not need to unlock our bootloader, it is not locked.

4. No, but you don't need root, you need a custom recovery to flash a custom rom. You can flash a custom recovery using odin or heimdall.

tnx now i can flash a rom with less worries of total/hard brick :good:

mic87xp1

Jan 4, 2012
Hi, i'm using this rom on my galaxy tab 2 (p5100) but when i activate tethering wifi no terminal sees my tablet as a wifi hotspot.

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
3. Does the device region have a significant issue regarding flashing customs roms (omni / cyanogenmod ) ? ... like it might not worth to this specific device though is P5100 but from this region/CSC/PDA etc.. (well samsung does have a couple of devices with different codes )

This was unanswered: if you're rooted, you can backup your modem somewhere on your storage with any root file browser. It is also very easy to replace modem same way. Just don't forget to set the permissions.

IDK if the builds are replacing the modem, I doubt it. I use P5110 so no idea about P5100 builds.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Reactions: souljhazz

souljhazz

Feb 15, 2014
This was unanswered: if you're rooted, you can backup your modem somewhere on your storage with any root file browser. It is also very easy to replace modem same way. Just don't forget to set the permissions.

IDK if the builds are replacing the modem, I doubt it. I use P5110 so no idea about P5100 builds.

ok tnx .... ^^

codenamesql

Dec 30, 2014
TWRP system wipe - How long?

Hi guys,
Not sure where this is being posted because it's a redirect due to this being my first post.

I'm doing the first wipe on Samsung GT-P5113 using TWRP 2.8.3.0 (OpenRecovery) specified for this device and I'm not sure that it's not hung. The status/progress bar is active but has shown zero progress in over an hour. Just Wiping Partition(s) at the top and this:

Code:
Updating partition details...
...done
Full SELinux support is present.
MTP Enabled
Wiping data without wiping /data/media ...
Done.

The candy cane progress is spiraling black and white.

the 4gb nandroid took 662 seconds so this seems off.

Thanks.

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
The issue with freezed progressbar got reported in a german forum too. Go back to 2.8.1.0 until it got fixed, maybe @Dees_Troy can take a look on it because you are using the official TWRP.

codenamesql

Dec 30, 2014
Ah.. thanks,
Yep.. not a problem, just stuck. Most recent Omni nightly up and running now.

I just downloaded the TWRP from the OmniRom thread 2.8.1.0 but I have only used Odin for custom recovery install and couldn't use that because it's not a tarball (or any other format Odin would recognize). How do you install that?

codenamesql

Dec 30, 2014
Done and running. I guess I had the flashable zip but didn't realize I could flash it in recovery. Didn't realize I could flash TWRP with TWRP. Excellent.

Thanks for the help Andi with this AND with getting the bloat off my baby... this looks GREAT

Reactions: Android-Andi

D_Rail

May 20, 2014
Thanks for the Work

Just wanted to say thanks for the great work. Love the boot animation, the ROM seems buttery and works great. My only concern is my battery life has dropped since switching from CM 11 to your ROM. Other than that I love it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @nachordez your camera streams the preview in background of your whole UI - nice feature while writeing SMS and walking at the same time :D

Custom Roms do not replace the modem.

You can use the Odin flashable *.tar.md5 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655050457

Or flash the recovery flashable zip in recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655050456

Done and running. I guess I had the flashable zip but didn't realize I could flash it in recovery. Didn't realize I could flash TWRP with TWRP. Excellent.

Thanks for the help Andi with this AND with getting the bloat off my baby... this looks GREAT