Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Software for hardware troubleshooting on 5113?

OP Frankenscript

5th September 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis Metro
Thanks Meter: 50

226 posts
More
Hi folks,

What is a good diagnostic software package I can run to see if I have a memory or other hardware problem?

My Tab 2 10.1 p5113 has been glitchy for more than six months. I initially blamed it on the horrible software update late last year, but even after taking the subsequent update (MK3) this thing still has force closes all over the place and reboots often. My other identical 5113 has been rock steady since the MK3 update.

I've wiped the tab, installed several different custom ROMs. OMNIROM was much less glitchy, but it still would die after a while and reboot. I would also see some graphic artifacts on the screen, sort of in a line from left side about mid-way down the screen. This persisted over a few different roms I've tried, coming and going.

Eventually I wiped everything and did an Odin-to-stock MK3. The tab is still unstable, even before installing any non stock apps. IT rebooted while doing its initial setup (right after entering Google account), then again during the first app update once playstore realized it was a year out of date for the apps.

If it were a PC, I would be running memtest and other utilities to troubleshoot memory and "hard drive" communications.

What's the best thing to try here? I'm thinking to sell it on the Swappa Boneyard, but interested to do full diagnostics first...

Marc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread