Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck With Boot Screen

Tip us?

anshumangoyal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy Stuck With Boot Screen

I have Samsung Galaxt Tab 2 7". Yesterday to install custom firmware, I flashed some wrong recovery on it.

Now, when I turn it on it is stuck on Samsung Initial boot logo and stays there as long as possible.

If I turn it off and bring it to download mode (Press and Hold Power and Down Volume Key), it comes into download more but when connected to PC, it says USB Device Not Recognized.

I tried charging my Tab whole night, it became warm and till morning it was warm only. Now I am completely stuck and don't know what to do.

Is there any solution for this? Is there any button combination which can take the tab at-least to stock android?

Since USB is not been recognized, so I am helpless to do anything here.

aclegg2011
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

fr4n
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumangoyal View Post
I have Samsung Galaxt Tab 2 7". Yesterday to install custom firmware, I flashed some wrong recovery on it.

Now, when I turn it on it is stuck on Samsung Initial boot logo and stays there as long as possible.

If I turn it off and bring it to download mode (Press and Hold Power and Down Volume Key), it comes into download more but when connected to PC, it says USB Device Not Recognized.

I tried charging my Tab whole night, it became warm and till morning it was warm only. Now I am completely stuck and don't know what to do.

Is there any solution for this? Is there any button combination which can take the tab at-least to stock android?

Since USB is not been recognized, so I am helpless to do anything here.
Hm, Odin needs Samsung USB Drivers to be able to recognize device, did you already install them?
If not, you can download it here.

(If you're using Windows 8, tell me, because you will need some special method to install the drivers.)
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Wi-Fi)
CyanogenMod version: 11-20140906-NIGHTLY-p3110
Android version: 4.4.4
Kernel version: 3.0.31-CM-g9b3f943
Build number: cm_p3110-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q d4dba7c401 test-keys
Recovery: CWM 6.0.5.0-Swipe
The Following User Says Thank You to fr4n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anshumangoyal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4n View Post
Hm, Odin needs Samsung USB Drivers to be able to recognize device, did you already install them?
If not, you can download it here.

(If you're using Windows 8, tell me, because you will need some special method to install the drivers.)
Thanks, I have tried and it is the same. Yes, I am using Windows 8. Please let me know what special things needs to be done with this.
Thanks again. Your English is better than me, though it is also not my first language

fr4n
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Thanks, I have tried and it is the same. Yes, I am using Windows 8. Please let me know what special things needs to be done with this.
Thanks again. Your English is better than me, though it is also not my first language
I bet you tried to run the .exe file and the installation didn't even start, no? xD
Follow installation method 3 explained in this thread.
If you can't do it, let me know and I can help you!

I'm not pretty good with English too... I know only basic skills, but I bet I can't go to English-speaking countries with them
The Following User Says Thank You to fr4n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anshumangoyal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4n View Post
I bet you tried to run the .exe file and the installation didn't even start, no? xD
Follow installation method 3 explained in this thread.
If you can't do it, let me know and I can help you!

I'm not pretty good with English too... I know only basic skills, but I bet I can't go to English-speaking countries with them
I followed all steps. But still I am getting my USB Device is not been recognized. It is showing "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"
Till now I am unable to find any solution.

fr4n
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
I followed all steps. But still I am getting my USB Device is not been recognized. It is showing "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"
Hm, that was totally unexpected.
I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like your board got damaged. But if the board was damaged, it won't ever turn on. So my mind is a bit twisted here.
I will try to look for solutions. For now, you're stuck with a paperweight :s

jrc2
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Do you have a Linux computer? Of you do, PM me and I will send you instructions that you can try to follow.

Sent from my SGH-T989
My Website (contains just my downloads for now)

My Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989
My Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113; HP Slate 7 2800

If I helped you, (or if I didn’t and you are feeling thankful) please press the THANKS button!

If you would like to donate to me, please send me a PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anshumangoyal
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc2 View Post
Do you have a Linux computer? Of you do, PM me and I will send you instructions that you can try to follow.

Sent from my SGH-T989
I don't have a linux computer. But I can install a virtual machine for that. Can you please send me instructions how to do that. Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to anshumangoyal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrc2
Old
(Last edited by jrc2; 26th July 2014 at 12:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
I don't have a linux computer. But I can install a virtual machine for that. Can you please send me instructions how to do that. Thanks again.
Sorry, I must have missed this post. I don't know if a VM will work or not. I think the problem is windows 8 as there have been lots of problems reported with Odin and Heimdall (probably the drivers) on windows 8.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

EDIT: I have a thread in the general section for the tab 2 on rooting in Linux. Do everything up until flashing SuperSU. That thread has the instructions on how to install recovery. Still do it with no reboot checked and manually boot into recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik cache. Hope this helps!

EDIT 2: Here is the link to the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2828080
My Website (contains just my downloads for now)

My Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989
My Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113; HP Slate 7 2800

If I helped you, (or if I didn’t and you are feeling thankful) please press the THANKS button!

If you would like to donate to me, please send me a PM.

Tags
p3100, recovery