Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Help - Custom Rom and Kernal - GT 2 7.0

Tip us?

rheinig_Optech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Need Help - Custom Rom and Kernal - GT 2 7.0

Hi , my name is Ryan
For over two weeks, I had been searching out Rom and Kernal mods for my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100 w/3G 16 gb model)
I use my tab for learning, internet, and some old games I own, that are S-NES, and PS1 games, and one PsP.

I need help to inform me which Roms,and or Kernals that allows OC of the CPU and GPU as I've seen some setups that people had.
I'm not doing this as for experimentation, doing it for my personal use. Tab 2 was giving to me as a gift, and its not brand new, so no concerns about the warranty. Plus, I already Rooted the Tab myself. Finda the info for that wasn't hard, and not complicated, plus it went well. No problems there.
So, the help I need is which Roms, and or Kernal choices there are, preferably with 3G still working, I will serious consider using Rom without the 3G tho, as I'm not using it right now, and may not ever use it. I'm just considering using it later, but not likely.

One of the Roms I was considering is the Blackhawk Next Kernal, and Slim Kat. To me, I don't care asmuch for the fancy looks, I'm more of a power user, and disable or delete I don't use, or run in the background when its not being used, and its just taking up system resources. I prefer performance over fancy looks. Their doesn't seem to be that many Roms that allow control of the GPU, and CPU speeds. I used SetCPU, but as I found, it seems it cannot normally be overcloaked, and if the info I read , if I understand it correctly, it because I'm still using Stock Rom, which is still locked in from the Rom itself.

Forgive me, if I have this in the wrong forum, as this is my first time, maybe 2nd time. Seems like I had been here before, but long time ago, anyway. Ohh, BTW, one BIG problem I had trying to use , or do the process of using Blackhawk, is it is in German language, including the YouTube videos. Have not seen any in English. I and for the most part technically minded, and knowledgable, just I will also need specific info of the install precess so I don't end up bricking my Tab 2. I'ver already have looked over different other Rom of YouTube videos of how they are install, So I kinda got a general idea of steps involved to burn in new Rom, or program (or download, if you want to get technical

So, First off, I need to find what choices of Rom there are that's pretty STABLE and most buld for performanve more so then just looks, that has CPU and GPU OC capable.
Your help will be much appreiacted.

Ryan

PS - I've been building and repairing PC's over 35 years, and long time ago, made custom rom for the C-64 using an EEprogrammer device that was made for the C-64 computer on its expansion port (IEEE port). I already know its no where the same as today, except for replacing data. Just throwing that in there as a bit of history.

rheinig_Optech
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Please, Anyone with knowledge of any or some custom roms that allows overclocking the CPU & GPU
Blackhawk I know about, but only German language . Can't find specific instructions that are in English. There was a German Youtube with a link in comments for English, but that link isn't working. Please tell me any other roms that you might know of that allows OC of the CPU & GPU
In fact I'm not totally sure if its locked in by the stock rom, or just the Kernal?
My Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 16gb w/3G (GT-P3100)
Your help is much appreciated.
Ryan