[Multi Window Mod][P31xx][P51xx][4.2.2][9/18/2013]

Search This thread
A

androzzi

Please, can anyone tell me what I have to do to enable quicksetting option with a simply guide? I didn' understand how I bave to do :crying::crying: PLEEEEEASEEEEE ANYONE HELP MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
Is there away to use multi windows on P3110 with STOCK rom?????

Am rooted and using agni kernel...Just using original 4.2.2 rom at mo....

Just follow steps carefully from OP, it will surely work,,,, and make sure you make nandroid backup first in case you run into any issues.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Karansinger

Nov 1, 2013
Gwalior
flashbarservice.apk is giving force close with the latest xposed framework update 2.6

i updated the framework from 2.4.1 to 2.6.1 of xposed framework when i rebooted the tab it gave forceclose of flashbarservice.apk how to fix this
i know i can switch to previous version but cant we do something and also that is this a problem with the multi window or with the xposed which is causing a force close
one more request i wanted to make can we get the new Multi Window as its there in Note 3,Galaxy grand 2 the new multi window handle

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Please, can anyone tell me what I have to do to enable quicksetting option with a simply guide? I didn' understand how I bave to do :crying::crying: PLEEEEEASEEEEE ANYONE HELP MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

download sqlite editor and in there go to settings storage
then in settings.db
then hit system
then look out for active app in notification
then add their ;MultiWindow;
and apply changes
reboot
enjoy!!!!!

still finding problem then pm me

KR_

Account currently disabled
Dec 7, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Didn't work for me :( . Lags and crash "Unfortunately com.blablablabalabal has stopped working". I really need this! Please help

paras raina

Sep 6, 2015
Jammu
Doaler app not working in landscape mode

Phone app getting fc in lndscape mode as well as the dialer buttons look too big in portrait mode ! So far this is the only glitch that strikes me the most for i prefer to use my tab in landscape mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE...BE SURE TO BACKUP BEFORE YOU BEGIN AS ALWAYS!

Install Instructions (please keep in mind that i do NOT own a Tab 2 which means i depend on feedback from actual users...thx)
    1. Install CWM or TWRP recovery
    2. Flash a rooted & deodexed 4.2.2 rom (this mod SHOULD work with any firmware)
    3. Install BusyBox (needed for zip installation as well as mode switcher app)
    4. Download an alternative launcher (i use apex personally)
    5. Flash the V1 for your device (P51xx owners may experience force closes until step 6 is performed)
    6. Click the xposed installer, press install/update then go to modules and place a check in "MW Apps Manager" and reboot (this allows u to add other apps to the multiwindow menu)
    7. After reboot uncheck then re-check multiwindow in "settings-display" to activate flashbar (or hold the back button until it appears)

Known Issues
    1. Huge icon when minimized
    2. Email force close
    3. For some reason (i have an educated guess) u MUST have xposed framework installed (already included in zip) or else freezing/force closing will occur

This mod will enable dual/split multiwindow mode by default...If u would like to switch to floating windows then use the app created by @xperiacle linked to below. For those who prefer permanent floating windows then simply delete the "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" located in "system-etc-permissions"...if u would rather have both split AND floating windows AT THE SAME TIME (this is the best of both worlds but requires specific dpi settings) then there should be a way to get this working as well but i would need a user who is willing to help me figure out the proper settings for your device (try 176 dpi which is what worked on my P6200). One more thing...when reporting problems please indicate which device u are using (7" or 10.1") and what variant (P3110, P5100 etc.)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2304228
    ^MULTIWINDOW MODE SWITCHER (warning...this app is mentioned ONLY for its ability to change multiwindow mode so do NOT use it to change UI mode!)

Also...i have seen a few users request a multiwindow toggle in the notification panel so i will link to the guide on how to enable this as well (u can also use this to add other quick panel buttons such as hotspot as well!)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302366
    ^ADD QUICK PANEL TOGGLES (see post #105 for a free version of the required app)

View attachment P31xxMultiWindowV1.zip
    ^P31xx MULTIWINDOW V1

View attachment P51xxMultiWindowV1.zip
    ^P51xx MULTIWINDOW V1

screenshots for Tab 2 7 & 10.1
    4.jpguploadfromtaptalk1377524005013.jpguploadfromtaptalk1377544874777.jpg 2234525.jpg 2234534.jpg

credit/thanks to: @unclefab for his all of his assistance @Droidlover123 for the flashable zip & being a dedicated tester @aapav01 for 10.1 testing, @rovo89 for developing the xposed framework, @xperiacle for all of his multiwindow work @shakatu for helping out in general...if i forgot anyone please blame it on my head and not my heart ;)
    4.1.2 test 5

can it work on tab 3 10.1 P5200 or must port it ?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432918&page=10
    ^TAB 3 MULTIWINDOW THREAD (follow the instructions in post #92 & post your results over there...i need a dependable tester but i think it can definitely be done)

It's there a possibility to continue to develope 4.1.2 version. Personally 4.2.2 is useless for me... Samsung just ruined device with 4.2.2. ?..

Please guys, can you make this work on 4.1.2 ? the 4.2.2 is very laggy for me it's making my tab 2 very unusable

Will this work on 4.1.2 stock Rom! ?

here goes another 4.1.2 test zip for u to try...if this doesnt work i MAY need to alter the systemui a bit but this should be close

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    1. you MUST be on a DEOEXED 4.1.2 TOUCHWIZ BASED ROM (preferably pure stock ME1 which is where this systemui originated)
    2. install busybox if it's not already
    3. install an alternative launcher (i use apex personally)
    4. flash the test zip below through recovery (please keep in mind that the files MAY need to be manually copied with proper permissions using TWRP or AROMA)

View attachment P31xx412MultiWindowModTest5.zip
    Would you please list the steps sequentially for me? I'm still having so many problems :confused:

Here's what i did to get the MultiWindow working :

1. boot into recovery and install the zip (P31xxMultiWindowV1.zip)
    2. exit recovery and after you're back in in Android install the XPosed framework (using the XPosed Installer which was installed in the system by the MultiWindow zip)
    3. go to modules and activate MW Apps manager and reboot the tablet (it's needed in order to activate the XPosed framework)
    4. after reboot go to Settings->Display and check "MultiWindow", after a few seconds you should see the MultiWindow toolbar on the left.

If you want the "floating window" instead of the "side-by-side" style, you have 2 methods :
    a) open the ZIP before step 1 and delete the "/system/etc/permissions/com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" file from the archive
    b) after step 4, using a file explorer that has root access, go to the "/system/etc/permissions/" folder on the phone and delete (or rename) the "com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml" file.\ and reboot the tablet.

P.S. I had another crash, but since it was while playing with one of the XPosed modules (WanamXposed) i cannot say whether the cause was MultiWindow or the Xposed module.

Now i need a favor..can u please swap your android.policy.jar with the one in post #13? This should enable the pin function while in floating mode...thx
    It works correctly on my P3110. The pin button appears and i can click it and turns from green to gray. While it's green the app stays on top of all the other apps (even full screen apps like games).
    yes, everything work normal back and home button.
    and yes by default stock rom 4.1.2 do have miniapps, however after flashing zip, miniapps arrow appear but nothing happen when press it.:D
    will wait ;)

i really would like u to check the perms on all of the files the zip added to "system/etc/permissions" and make sure they are set to 0644 or rw-r--r--...it sounds like that MAY be the issue if everything else works well. Afterwards u can try the zip below but i think u will have the same problem so please try that first...we should be close though so hang in there

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    1. you MUST be on a DEOEXED 4.1.2 TOUCHWIZ BASED ROM (preferably pure stock ME1 which is where this systemui originated)
    2. install busybox if it's not already
    3. install an alternative launcher (i use apex personally)
    4. add the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to the bottom of your build prop
    5. flash the test zip below through recovery (please keep in mind that the files MAY need to be manually copied with proper permissions using TWRP or AROMA)

link removed: see post #72 for the newest
    ho w enable button MultiWindows in quicksettings ?

in this post 105 is for wifi only ?

https://code.google.com/p/xdroidx/do...20Editor-9.apk

If you have root, use this.
    When the database list populates select Settings Storage (little green droid out to the left of it)
    Hit Settings.db
    Hit System
    Scroll WAY down to find _id "3805" notification_panel_active_app_list
    Highlight it, then hit the menu button (on the phone) and Edit Field
    add a ; and the word Wifi then another ; and then save.
    Reboot the phone

Success

i only mentioned that post for the free app...please follow the directions in the first post. Also note...any id number u see will be different for the Tab 2 since the instructions are for a different device so just look for the line "notification_panel_active_app_list" instead