FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[ROM][4.4.2][TW] 100% stock 4.4.2 kitkat P5200 [Deodexed+Rooted build also available]

542 posts
Thanks Meter: 949

By Restl3ss, Senior Member on 3rd September 2014, 07:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5200. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is also available.

NOTE: if you flash the deodexed version and have problems with root, flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from here. I don't anticipate any root problems, but just in case, this will fix it.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200(fixed).zip
Deodexed + rooted: STOCK-DEODEXED-ROOTED-4.4.2-P5200(fixed).zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.
Last edited by Restl3ss; 4th September 2014 at 11:17 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]

3rd September 2014, 09:57 AM |#2  
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss

This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5200. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is in the works. Bear with me.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200.zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.

Very good work done by you! Yesterday I spent hours to unzip the file but unsuccessfully. I will try it right now! Thanks a lot!
3rd September 2014, 12:18 PM |#3  
Flag Tirana

More
Quote:

Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is in the works. Bear with me.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200.zip

I tried but it doesn't flash. Received "failed" message. I am using the latest TWRP by angel666. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
3rd September 2014, 08:07 PM |#4  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsoedso

I tried but it doesn't flash. Received "failed" message. I am using the latest TWRP by angel666. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I've got the same problem.
3rd September 2014, 09:50 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

Donate to Me
More
Hold on, I'm working on it
The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 12:06 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

Donate to Me
More
@edsoedso
@Max4000

I think I've fixed it. Reuploading now. Bear with me.

The problem was a fairly stupid one. I edited the assert to fit P5200 instead of P5210 (I'm using the same updater-script I used for the wifi model stock kitkat).
Problem is, I used mac textedit instead of gedit. One preserves linux encoding, the other does not. Can you guess which is which? :P

I believe it was Homer Simpson who said, "DOH".

Anyway, edited the updater-script with gedit and just removed the assert completely, so once it's done uploading you should be able to flash without issue.
Last edited by Restl3ss; 4th September 2014 at 12:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 02:44 AM |#7  
Flag Tirana

More
Quote:

@edsoedso
@Max4000

I think I've fixed it. Reuploading now. Bear with me.

The problem was a fairly stupid one. I edited the assert to fit P5200 instead of P5210 (I'm using the same updater-script I used for the wifi model stock kitkat).
Problem is, I used mac textedit instead of gedit. One preserves linux encoding, the other does not. Can you guess which is which? :P

I believe it was Homer Simpson who said, "DOH".

Anyway, edited the updater-script with gedit and just removed the assert completely, so once it's done uploading you should be able to flash without issue.

Do not worry, I installed stock 4.4.2 using odin, than TWRP and superuser. It looks great! Please work on 4.4.2 Pimpdroid and let us known the results. Regards!
4th September 2014, 04:19 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

Donate to Me
More
@Max4000
@edsoedso

Fixed version is now uploaded. Enjoy

@edsoedso

I know you've already got kk working, but would you be willing to try this zip to make sure it works? I think i've ironed it out but i'd like to be sure. Can't test myself as I have the WiFi model
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 11:19 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

Donate to Me
More
just uploaded a deodexed + rooted build. If you have any troubles with root flash SuperSU from the link in OP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 01:31 PM |#10  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 34

More
do i need to clear data and cache beforce flashing ? cuz i don't have sd card so if i clear data the rom will delete.
The Following User Says Thank You to khaledreno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 06:59 PM |#11  
Flag Edmond, OK
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaledreno

do i need to clear data and cache beforce flashing ? cuz i don't have sd card so if i clear data the rom will delete.

I always do a factory reset, format data, and full wipe with any ROM Can you move your files to your PC via USB cable?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, dev, kitkat, p5200, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread