Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2][TW] 100% stock 4.4.2 kitkat P5200 [Deodexed+Rooted build also available]

Tip us?

Restl3ss
Old
(Last edited by Restl3ss; 4th September 2014 at 11:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][4.4.2][TW] 100% stock 4.4.2 kitkat P5200 [Deodexed+Rooted build also available]

This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5200. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is also available.

NOTE: if you flash the deodexed version and have problems with root, flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from here. I don't anticipate any root problems, but just in case, this will fix it.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200(fixed).zip
Deodexed + rooted: STOCK-DEODEXED-ROOTED-4.4.2-P5200(fixed).zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.
Death to all but metal.
If you like my work, why not hit that thanks button?

If you REALLY like my work and want to contribute, why not buy me a beer?

My rom:
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edsoedso
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss View Post
This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5200. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is in the works. Bear with me.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200.zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.
Very good work done by you! Yesterday I spent hours to unzip the file but unsuccessfully. I will try it right now! Thanks a lot!

edsoedso
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is in the works. Bear with me.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200.zip

I tried but it doesn't flash. Received "failed" message. I am using the latest TWRP by angel666. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Max4000
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsoedso View Post
I tried but it doesn't flash. Received "failed" message. I am using the latest TWRP by angel666. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
I've got the same problem.

Restl3ss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
Hold on, I'm working on it
Death to all but metal.

My rom:
The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Restl3ss
Old
(Last edited by Restl3ss; 4th September 2014 at 12:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
@edsoedso
@Max4000

I think I've fixed it. Reuploading now. Bear with me.

The problem was a fairly stupid one. I edited the assert to fit P5200 instead of P5210 (I'm using the same updater-script I used for the wifi model stock kitkat).
Problem is, I used mac textedit instead of gedit. One preserves linux encoding, the other does not. Can you guess which is which? :P

I believe it was Homer Simpson who said, "DOH".

Anyway, edited the updater-script with gedit and just removed the assert completely, so once it's done uploading you should be able to flash without issue.
Death to all but metal.

My rom:
The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edsoedso
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
@edsoedso
@Max4000

I think I've fixed it. Reuploading now. Bear with me.

The problem was a fairly stupid one. I edited the assert to fit P5200 instead of P5210 (I'm using the same updater-script I used for the wifi model stock kitkat).
Problem is, I used mac textedit instead of gedit. One preserves linux encoding, the other does not. Can you guess which is which? :P

I believe it was Homer Simpson who said, "DOH".

Anyway, edited the updater-script with gedit and just removed the assert completely, so once it's done uploading you should be able to flash without issue.
Do not worry, I installed stock 4.4.2 using odin, than TWRP and superuser. It looks great! Please work on 4.4.2 Pimpdroid and let us known the results. Regards!

Restl3ss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
@Max4000
@edsoedso

Fixed version is now uploaded. Enjoy

@edsoedso

I know you've already got kk working, but would you be willing to try this zip to make sure it works? I think i've ironed it out but i'd like to be sure. Can't test myself as I have the WiFi model
Death to all but metal.

My rom:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Restl3ss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
just uploaded a deodexed + rooted build. If you have any troubles with root flash SuperSU from the link in OP.
Death to all but metal.

My rom:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khaledreno
Old
Thanks Meter 26
do i need to clear data and cache beforce flashing ? cuz i don't have sd card so if i clear data the rom will delete.
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus | Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1) White 16GB
Carrier: 3G | 3G
Recovery: CWM | Stock
Android: 4.4.2 | 4.2.2
Rom: SpeedMod | Stock Deodexed
Kernel: 3.0.101 | Stock From Rom

Tags
4.4, dev, kitkat, p5200, rom