[ROM][4.4.2][TW] 100% stock 4.4.2 kitkat P5200 [Deodexed+Rooted build also available]

OP Restl3ss

3rd September 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 813

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5200. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is also available.

NOTE: if you flash the deodexed version and have problems with root, flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from here. I don't anticipate any root problems, but just in case, this will fix it.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200(fixed).zip
Deodexed + rooted: STOCK-DEODEXED-ROOTED-4.4.2-P5200(fixed).zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.
Last edited by Restl3ss; 4th September 2014 at 11:17 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 27

209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss

This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5200. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is in the works. Bear with me.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200.zip

Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.

Very good work done by you! Yesterday I spent hours to unzip the file but unsuccessfully. I will try it right now! Thanks a lot!
3rd September 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Tirana

209 posts
Quote:

Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is in the works. Bear with me.

100% stock: STOCK-4.4.2-P5200.zip

I tried but it doesn't flash. Received "failed" message. I am using the latest TWRP by angel666. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
3rd September 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 22

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsoedso

I tried but it doesn't flash. Received "failed" message. I am using the latest TWRP by angel666. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I've got the same problem.
3rd September 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hold on, I'm working on it
The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
@edsoedso
@Max4000

I think I've fixed it. Reuploading now. Bear with me.

The problem was a fairly stupid one. I edited the assert to fit P5200 instead of P5210 (I'm using the same updater-script I used for the wifi model stock kitkat).
Problem is, I used mac textedit instead of gedit. One preserves linux encoding, the other does not. Can you guess which is which? :P

I believe it was Homer Simpson who said, "DOH".

Anyway, edited the updater-script with gedit and just removed the assert completely, so once it's done uploading you should be able to flash without issue.
Last edited by Restl3ss; 4th September 2014 at 12:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #7  
Flag Tirana

209 posts
Quote:

@edsoedso
@Max4000

I think I've fixed it. Reuploading now. Bear with me.

The problem was a fairly stupid one. I edited the assert to fit P5200 instead of P5210 (I'm using the same updater-script I used for the wifi model stock kitkat).
Problem is, I used mac textedit instead of gedit. One preserves linux encoding, the other does not. Can you guess which is which? :P

I believe it was Homer Simpson who said, "DOH".

Anyway, edited the updater-script with gedit and just removed the assert completely, so once it's done uploading you should be able to flash without issue.

Do not worry, I installed stock 4.4.2 using odin, than TWRP and superuser. It looks great! Please work on 4.4.2 Pimpdroid and let us known the results. Regards!
4th September 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
@Max4000
@edsoedso

Fixed version is now uploaded. Enjoy

@edsoedso

I know you've already got kk working, but would you be willing to try this zip to make sure it works? I think i've ironed it out but i'd like to be sure. Can't test myself as I have the WiFi model
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray

485 posts
Donate to Me
More
just uploaded a deodexed + rooted build. If you have any troubles with root flash SuperSU from the link in OP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #10  
Flag Cairo

215 posts
More
do i need to clear data and cache beforce flashing ? cuz i don't have sd card so if i clear data the rom will delete.

The Following User Says Thank You to khaledreno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, dev, kitkat, p5200, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread