Post Reply

[ROM][4.4.2][TW] 100% stock 4.4.2 kitkat P5220 [Deodexed+Rooted build also available]

OP Restl3ss

12th October 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #1  
Restl3ss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 923
 
529 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
This is a 100% stock flashable zip of the recently released 4.4.2 firmware for the P5220. As it is 100% stock, it is fully bloated, odexed, and non-rooted. If you wish to attain root you can do so by flashing superSU-2.02 zip from chainfire. As of right now, no other root method appears to be working, including towelroot.
Download link below.

A deodexed + rooted build is also available.

NOTE: if you flash the deodexed version and have problems with root, flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip from here. I don't anticipate any root problems, but just in case, this will fix it.

100% stock: P5220-4.4-stock(fixed).zip
Deodexed + rooted: P5220-4.4-stock-deodexed-rooted(fixed).zip



Anyone may feel free to use this as a base for their ROM. I only ask that you give me credit.
Last edited by Restl3ss; 17th October 2014 at 09:35 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th October 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Kenosha, WI
Thanks Meter: 4
 
67 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Just making sure... This ROM is the same as the one previously posted, correct?

Edit: Never mind. Answered my own question! :P
Last edited by jeremy1701; 13th October 2014 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Note to self, read more carefully
14th October 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #3  
Restl3ss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 923
 
529 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Just added a deodexed + rooted build. Enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #4  
quijote1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rota
Thanks Meter: 928
 
891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Restl3ss, it would be great if you would post md5 values for your zip files. That way we can verify a good download. I suppose a zip that opens is uncorrupted, but many other developers offer MD5 values, so I mention it.
Thanks for your work in preparing the deodexed and rooted rom. Those of us with LTE don't have many options..... so we are very greatful.
16th October 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #5  
quijote1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rota
Thanks Meter: 928
 
891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
I just flashed the deodexed version with TWRP. It hung on the boot screen Tab 3 for more than 20 minutes. So i reflashed. Same result. So I restored my backup and here I am....

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher
16th October 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #6  
Restl3ss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 923
 
529 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote1

I just flashed the deodexed version with TWRP. It hung on the boot screen Tab 3 for more than 20 minutes. So i reflashed. Same result. So I restored my backup and here I am....

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher



Damn. Could you try the fully stock one and see if you get the same result?
16th October 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #7  
quijote1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rota
Thanks Meter: 928
 
891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss

Damn. Could you try the fully stock one and see if you get the same result?

Ok, I'm downloading it now.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher


---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Sorry, that one didn't work either. I wonder if the problem is TWRP? When I finished flashing the stock p5220, when I selected Reboot System, I got a message that said "You don't appear to be rooted. If you would like root, swipe to install SuperSU" Well, I wanted root, so I selected that. Then the tab hung o the boot screen just like before. So I re-entered recovery and installed the Update SuperSU 2.02. It still hung so I am again restoring backup.
Has anyone else installed either of these and if successful, what recovery did you use??????


Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher
The Following User Says Thank You to quijote1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #8  
Restl3ss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 923
 
529 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote1

Ok, I'm downloading it now.

Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher


---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Sorry, that one didn't work either. I wonder if the problem is TWRP? When I finished flashing the stock p5220, when I selected Reboot System, I got a message that said "You don't appear to be rooted. If you would like root, swipe to install SuperSU" Well, I wanted root, so I selected that. Then the tab hung o the boot screen just like before. So I re-entered recovery and installed the Update SuperSU 2.02. It still hung so I am again restoring backup.
Has anyone else installed either of these and if successful, what recovery did you use??????


Samsung Galaxy Note2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2
stock kernel
Apex Launcher

Hmm
Did it hang on the first splash or the boot animation? Also which version of TWRP are you using, the one made by angel_666 or the one made by moonbutt74?

I have a hypothesis as to what the problem may be if it's on my end, but I want to make sure
The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #9  
quijote1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rota
Thanks Meter: 928
 
891 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss

Hmm
Did it hang on the first splash or the boot animation? Also which version of TWRP are you using, the one made by angel_666 or the one made by moonbutt74?

I have a hypothesis as to what the problem may be if it's on my end, but I want to make sure

HI,
It hung on the first splash - the one with white letters saying Tab 3 etc.
As far as the TWRP goes, I don't remember where I got it but the file was TWRPrecovery.tar.zip and inside that was recovery.tar.md5 of 16.24MB. I hope that helps. If you can suggest a better recovery, I'll install it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2 NI1
Kernel: Stock
Apex Launcher
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quijote1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #10  
Restl3ss's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 923
 
529 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote1

HI,
It hung on the first splash - the one with white letters saying Tab 3 etc.
As far as the TWRP goes, I don't remember where I got it but the file was TWRPrecovery.tar.zip and inside that was recovery.tar.md5 of 16.24MB. I hope that helps. If you can suggest a better recovery, I'll install it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Dr. Ketan v12.1 4.4.2 NI1
Kernel: Stock
Apex Launcher

Hmm, there goes my hypothesis for problem on my end then, if that's where it's hanging the inits arent even running.

Try installing philz adv recovery from this thread and try flashing again.

I appreciate the debugging help :thumbup:
Last edited by Restl3ss; 16th October 2014 at 01:34 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4, base, kitkat, rom, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes