[ROM]{Re-Based} NoleKat v2.2 for T210(R) w/ Kids Mode Add-On

Search This thread

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
Thanks for feedback!
Only one last question @chugger93 , are you able now to move the apps on sd card?
not sure? never done that before. I think you do that in application manager, no? I've downloaded a few games for my 3 year old. If I click on each one individually, they are all different. Some apps look like they are on the sd card, cuz theres a button that says "move to device storage" and some they are on internal storage cuz the button says "move to sd card"

Maybe the OS decides which app goes where..I dunno. I just download them..lol

néonaloj

Dec 29, 2014
Thanks again! In jelly bean 4.1.2 it's not possible to move the apps, there is no button "move to sd card". (or you must use cunning!)
Normally in KK it becomes feasible, not sure.. and as what you say, it looks like..

EDIT: So I've finally flashed NoleKat + kids addon on sm-t2105 (wich is not anymore) and it's working well. Indeed you can paint it as a Ferrarri, you still have the motor of a Toyota.. But it's beautifull and smooth. Thank you very much @gr8nole!!

But one question, in the kids side, where can my sun find all the apps he is allow to play with??? We can only put them on the main screen? (because he had more than 30 apps)
and how to recover some apps (system) like "Pettson's inventions" for instance? Thanks!

Left bureau is amazing, to discover ;)
One bug: when 30 app on bureau, left icone "video for kids" is behind the montain...

Last edited:

Natureboyhcg

Feb 26, 2009
Thanks again! In jelly bean 4.1.2 it's not possible to move the apps, there is no button "move to sd card". (or you must use cunning!)
Normally in KK it becomes feasible, not sure.. and as what you say, it looks like..

EDIT: So I've finally flashed NoleKat + kids addon on sm-t2105 (wich is not anymore) and it's working well. Indeed you can paint it as a Ferrarri, you still have the motor of a Toyota.. But it's beautifull and smooth. Thank you very much @gr8nole!!

But one question, in the kids side, where can my sun find all the apps he is allow to play with??? We can only put them on the main screen? (because he had more than 30 apps)
and how to recover some apps (system) like "Pettson's inventions" for instance? Thanks!

Left bureau is amazing, to discover ;)
One bug: when 30 app on bureau, left icone "video for kids" is behind the montain...
i have the same tablet flashed .. for me its somewhat slow doing some things .. like typing in hangouts.. playing games tend to be sitcky . i wasnt sure if i need to flash a certain firmaware or something else since we are not using a common version of thetablet

néonaloj

Dec 29, 2014
i have the same tablet flashed .. for me its somewhat slow doing some things .. like typing in hangouts.. playing games tend to be sitcky . i wasnt sure if i need to flash a certain firmaware or something else since we are not using a common version of thetablet

In fact, for me it is very slow too, whatever I do...
I've just flashed the "Slimnole-debloat add-on", I will see if it's beter. If not, back to 4.1.2!
Maybe it si firmware-related, problem is that KK firmware for sm-t2105 does not exist... Perhaps try a sm-t210 firmware, but..?

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
This tablet might be the worse tablet ever made LOL but this rom makes it somehow better.. gonna give it away to my little bro , loading games and moving them using link2sd on class 10 samsung card will make it tiny bit better..

some game videos lag a little bit,but gameplay seems alright.:good:

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
Google Pixel 3 XL
@gr8nole this is the error/popup I'm getting after installing NoleKat 2.1. I had CM11 before. I have wiped everything, flashed NoleKat 2.1 and when I start I gkt this popup. Also, there was another popup which was saying that I'm in factory mode and I need to switch to user in order to use more functions. WiFi automatically turns off after restarting. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• 1428137124830.jpg
    1428137124830.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 502
Reactions: GioFX

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
@gr8nole this is the error/popup I'm getting after installing NoleKat 2.1. I had CM11 before. I have wiped everything, flashed NoleKat 2.1 and when I start I gkt this popup. Also, there was another popup which was saying that I'm in factory mode and I need to switch to user in order to use more functions. WiFi automatically turns off after restarting. Can anyone help me?

Never seen that before, but a quick google search turned up this.

http://androidforums.com/threads/samsung-galaxy-s3-stuck-in-factory-mode-please-help.852483/

Give it a read. There are a couple options on the first page.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Altomugriento

Oct 28, 2013
gr8nole thanks for this AMAZING Rom

Just one question, (sorry for my english):
I have a 210R and never show the battery icon when the device is off and plugued to a charger, but still charge with no problem at all, is just stetic, i follow your advice to flash with ODIN a firmware from sammobile page (use the canada one) , phil touch recovery work too, and reset to recovery from your rom works
Thanks in advance

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
gr8nole thanks for this AMAZING Rom

Just one question, (sorry for my english):
I have a 210R and never show the battery icon when the device is off and plugued to a charger, but still charge with no problem at all, is just stetic, i follow your advice to flash with ODIN a firmware from sammobile page (use the canada one) , phil touch recovery work too, and reset to recovery from your rom works
Thanks in advance

Not sure. You sure you flashed Kitkat firmware?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kato7youknow

Altomugriento

Oct 28, 2013
If you have a new ROM, and a OLD bootloader, the issue is:
Device OFF, plug to the charger, device turn ON automatically
Is this descrption correct?

My problem is: device mode OFF, plug to charger, the screen ligth a little, ( but nothing apears con it, no battery icon...nothing,) but still charge

And i am 100℅ sure that the ROM from sammsungmobile was a 4.4.2 Canadá , with a samsung kies icon in the description
Is weird, thanks anyway for your time

And again THANKS FOR THIS FANTASTIC ROM , killing the resource-eater touchwiz brings new life to this low powered tablet

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Free mobile app

julian0012

Jun 8, 2013
NoleKat_logo1a.png

Welcome to NoleKat!

EVERYONE SHOULD READ POST #3 BEFORE CONTINUING

This rom initially started out as a port from the T211 KitKat release, but it has now been re-based on the T210 Italian KitKat firmware with kernel compiled from source. It is Touchwiz based and somewhat debloated.

It seems to be very stable.

Q & A
thread is located HERE.

FEATURES
Based on T210 Italy firmware
Deodexed
init.d
sqlite
Rooted
Busybox
App Ops enabled
4-Way Reboot
Most all apps that are available in the Play Store have been removed
Added secondary symbols to keyboard (see screenshot)
External sdcard fix for KitKat
Newer (T310) launcher and Weather Widget
Custom Boot Animation support
Kids Mode Add-on (see post #2 add-ons)
OGBattery Mod add-on (see post #2 add-ons)

INSTALLATION
  1. Download v2.1 full rom and the v2.2 update zip from link below
  2. Boot into your custom recovery (recommend Philz Touch)
  3. Perform a factory reset / full wipe (rom install does not wipe data)
  4. Flash 2.1 zip
  5. Then flash the v2.2 update
  6. Reboot and enjoy
  7. Report back any bugs you find

I recommend a full wipe, but you can always try a dirty flash. :cowboy:

NOTE ABOUT INTERNAL SDCARDS

Our 4.1.2 version roms use the /data/media directory as the "internal sdcard".
4.2+ versions of Android use the /data/media/0 directory due to support for multiple users.
If you switch to a different Android version, you need to be aware of this difference.
I recommend wiping "internal sdcard" also before switching from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2.

Credits:
@Unjustified Dev for getting kernel sources
@bensonhsu2008 for initial port
@ketut.kumajaya for continuing to support a device he doesn't even have

DOWNLOADS

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17472

XDA:DevDB Information
NoleKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Contributors
gr8nole
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-08-04
Last Updated 2015-01-07

wow. This is a amazing rom. Hope you put 5.0 lollipop to this tab soon!

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
hi @gr8nole,
So got Galaxy Tab 3 Kids Edition SM-T2105 (kids tablet) to my 5 year old daughter several months ago, I did not root it or anything, left it as it is (pure Samsung stock 4.1.2).
It recently start keep crashing or shuts down itself without any apparent reason, even if battery showing 90%, so she keep coming to me and showing her tablet "look daddy, it did it again":crying:
so I thought myself, maybe it is about time to do some clean install, I am wondering if this ROM of yours suitable or would work on SM-T2105? at least, if I am going to do clean install, will bump it up to 4.4.2.

It would be nice if you give me some kind of directions or suggestions, I greatly appreciated.

thank you!:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NoleKat_logo1a.png

Welcome to NoleKat!

EVERYONE SHOULD READ POST #3 BEFORE CONTINUING

This rom initially started out as a port from the T211 KitKat release, but it has now been re-based on the T210 Italian KitKat firmware with kernel compiled from source. It is Touchwiz based and somewhat debloated.

It seems to be very stable.

Q & A
    thread is located HERE.

FEATURES
    Based on T210 Italy firmware
    Deodexed
    init.d
    sqlite
    Rooted
    Busybox
    App Ops enabled
    4-Way Reboot
    Most all apps that are available in the Play Store have been removed
    Added secondary symbols to keyboard (see screenshot)
    External sdcard fix for KitKat
    Newer (T310) launcher and Weather Widget
    Custom Boot Animation support
    Kids Mode Add-on (see post #2 add-ons)
    OGBattery Mod add-on (see post #2 add-ons)

INSTALLATION
    1. Download v2.1 full rom and the v2.2 update zip from link below
    2. Boot into your custom recovery (recommend Philz Touch)
    3. Perform a factory reset / full wipe (rom install does not wipe data)
    4. Flash 2.1 zip
    5. Then flash the v2.2 update
    6. Reboot and enjoy
    7. Report back any bugs you find

I recommend a full wipe, but you can always try a dirty flash. :cowboy:

NOTE ABOUT INTERNAL SDCARDS

Our 4.1.2 version roms use the /data/media directory as the "internal sdcard".
    4.2+ versions of Android use the /data/media/0 directory due to support for multiple users.
    If you switch to a different Android version, you need to be aware of this difference.
    I recommend wiping "internal sdcard" also before switching from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2.

Credits:
    @Unjustified Dev for getting kernel sources
    @bensonhsu2008 for initial port
    @ketut.kumajaya for continuing to support a device he doesn't even have

DOWNLOADS

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17472

XDA:DevDB Information
    NoleKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Contributors
    gr8nole
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-08-04
    Last Updated 2015-01-07
    Read this first

What's all this talk about bootloaders and firmware? Here is the answers to your questions.

Bootloaders do not change when you install a rom in recovery. Bootloaders also do not get backed up when you make a nandroid backup.

There are (at least) 2 versions of bootloaders that Samsung has released for our T210(R) tablets. Most people bought their tablet with the old bootloader version (some may have come with new version). The new bootloader is included with the recently released versions of the full KitKat firmware packages found on sites like sammobile.com.

The old bootloader does not properly work with offline charging in KitKat roms. If you plug your tablet in to charge while powered off, it will power on and boot into the OS. The touchscreen may not work (requiring a reboot) depending on which kernel version you have. It requires a customized kernel to work properly.

The new bootloader does work properly with offline charging. When plugged in while powered off, the tablet screen will show the battery icon, but will not boot into the OS. This is the same behavior as in previous Android 4.1.2 that we have been using. The new bootloader also fixes the glitches in recovery navigation.

Initially, the new bootloader was causing problems with custom recoveries (recovery bootloop), but that has been fixed. Update your custom recovery to the latest version.

If you decide to update to the new bootloader, you can do so by following these steps:

Firmware Update Installation
    1. Download the appropriate KitKat firmware version for your device from sammobile.com. (Don't ask me which region is the one for you. You make that decision).
    2. Install the full firmware package using Odin. There are many tutorials that explain how to do this. Google it.
    3. Download the latest custom recovery you wish to use (Odin version will end with ...tar.md5).
    4. Install custom recovery with Odin. Instructions are in the recovery threads.

That's it. At this point you have the new bootloader and recovery and can install whatever rom you like.

Take note that if you install the new bootloader and then return to a 4.1.2 rom, you will need to use the kernel I posted to get offline charging to work properly.
    ADD-ONS

Add-ons are available HERE

• Kids Mode Add-On See THIS post for more info.
      • V3 has been uploaded. The Drawing app has been fixed.
      • V2 has been uploaded. It adds a missing library file that caused the Kids Voice recorder to crash and installs all Kids apps to the /data partition (instead of system/priv-app) so the kids mode will survive a rom update.

• SlimNole Debloat - See THIS post for more info.

• OGBattery Mod See THIS post for more info. Flash the zip in recovery and follow instructions in Aroma installer.

• Unlock Effect Changer - This app will allow you to choose between 7 different lockscreen unlock effects. See THIS post and THIS post for more info.

• S-Voice app for our T210(R). It should install as normal app.

• KeyToggle.1.1 app. Made by me. This will toggle the setting to turn software navigation keys on/off. Very basic interface, needs root access. Should work for any device.

• Custom Boot Animation mod. Flash this zip in recovery. This mod to the bootanimation binary allows you to use your own custom boot animation. This zip contains my old SvelteNole boot animation (never released) in the /system/media folder as a sample. Just place your own bootanimation.zip (made for our device) in /system/media. If you delete the /system/media/bootanimation.zip, the standard AOSP style animation will play. Of course, if your animation doesn't currently display, this will not fix it.

• Samsung Photo Editor app for our T210(R). It should install as normal app.

• STOCK RECOVERY - This is the stock KK recovery in a recovery-flashable zip. See THIS post for why you may want this.

Stock NoleKat kernel available at link below for those who flashed another and wish to return to the included kernel.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620392238

CHANGELOG

v2.2 (small update zip only)
    • Removed annoying safe volume warning popup when using headphones
    • Removed annoying Airplane Mode warning popup when toggling Airplane Mode

v2.1
    • Fixed folder naming to correct install when Old-Style launcher is selected.
    • Added DeBloat option to Aroma installer.
    • Added option to keep certain Samsung features AFTER debloat. This allows you to choose to keep certain Samsung apps even if you choose to debloat. See THIS post.

v2.0
    • Re-added "Reboot to Recovery" option to reboot menu
    • fixed Netflix on-screen controls
    • Added Aroma installer option for Dark themed Settings and Notification Panel (default is white)

v.1.9
    • Removed Recovery option from the Reboot menu. (only use 3-button method to boot into recovery).
    • Tweaked launcher for faster page scrolling
    • Black themed Settings
    • New kerNole.1.04 kernel (includes T210R KK source updates)
    • 4-way multiwindow

v1.8
    • Re-based on the T210 ITV KK sources
    • All the same features as before (such as App Ops, T310 launcher/weather, init.d, removed SDcard inserted nag...)
    • Werewolf kernel from @laufersteppenwolf
    • Reverted back to List-Style settings

v1.7
    • App Ops added to Settings Menu
    • Switched to Tabbed Settings Menu (will probably require data wipe)
    • Properly removed MobileData and WifiHotspot toggles (without init.d)
    • Enabled "Hide Applications" in app drawer (thanks @zach61797 for finding THIS mod)
    • Removed "earpiece" from audio policy
    • Added Stock Boot Animation option to Aroma installer

v1.6
    • Added Aroma installer for rom install
    • Fixed "Status" screen in Settings-About Device
    • Added T310 launcher and weather widget (stock T211 can be selected during install)
    • Added working init.d
    • Removed Mobile Data and WiFiHotspot quicksetting toggles (will be removed by init.d on 2nd reboot after install)
    • Added NoleKat boot animation
    • Added phservice back (with option to remove during installation)
    • Added sqlite
    • Added various init.d tweaks

v.1.5
    • Removed gr8nole (network mode) button from Power Menu
    • Added 4-way Reboot Menu
    • Updated kernel to fix boot animation issues
    • Removed smdexe, and simal binaries
    • Removed phservice binary. This is what was causing the cpu governor settings not to stick when changed. You should now be able to choose any of the stock governor settings and they will stick.
    • Adjusted auto-brightness settings
    • Added required apps for Screen casting fix.

v1.4
    • Updated SystemUI to remove SD card notification on startup
    • Switched to a multi-language Contacts app

v1.3 - Fixed IR (for T210R devices) (thanks @Unjustified Dev), added Contacts app and Stock Email (exchange works). Also changed the Power menu a little. ;)

v1.2 - Updated framework to remove phone features. This also removes phone signal icon in status bar. Small update zip only. You must flash full version of rom first.

v1.1 - Fixed root, no need to flash SuperSu zip.

v1.0 - Initial release
    v1.4 is online.

It is available as an update to previous version AND as a full rom.

Changelog:

v1.4
    • Updated SystemUI to remove SD card notification on startup
    • Switched to a multi-language Contacts app

If you already have a previous version installed, then just use the "update" zip. No wipes required.

If do not have a previous version of this rom installed; then choose the full rom and follow install instructions in first post.

Announcement

Family vacation starts this afternoon. No more updates for about 5 days. I will keep an eye on the thread during that time, I just won't be working on the rom.
    v1.5 update is up. You need to already be on version 1.4 before flashing the v1.5 update. Flash in recovery, no wipe required, but since there is a new android.policy.jar, your cache will rebuild anyways on first boot.

Changelog:

v.1.5
    • Removed gr8nole (network mode) button from Power Menu
    • Added 4-way Reboot Menu
    • Updated kernel to fix boot animation issues
    • Removed smdexe, and simal binaries
    • Removed phservice binary. This is what was causing the cpu governor settings not to stick when changed. You should now be able to choose any of the stock governor settings and they will stick.
    • Adjusted auto-brightness settings
    • Added required apps for Screen casting fix.