[ROM] Stock rom kitkat 4.4.2 for T210R

OP chris1871

16th September 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag La Plata
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Hello, yesterday I got for OTA (Samsung Tab 3 SM-T210R) upgrade to Kit Kat. I canīt do any test, but it gives the feeling that everything runs faster
The Following User Says Thank You to chris1871 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 148

606 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1871

Hello, yesterday I got for OTA (Samsung Tab 3 SM-T210R) upgrade to Kit Kat. I canīt do any test, but it gives the feeling that everything runs faster

only issue so far is that it wont let you install custom ROM's, After flashing a Custom ROM it just reboots back into recovery.
16th September 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #3  
Flag fort campbell
Thanks Meter: 120

203 posts
More
hello
first off cool but i think this needs to go some where else maybe wrong

sorry to be annoying i just dont want u to get yelled at if its in the wrong place
17th September 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #4  
Flag Oporto
Thanks Meter: 22

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb25

only issue so far is that it wont let you install custom ROM's, After flashing a Custom ROM it just reboots back into recovery.

Just don't reboot into recovery from any software.
Turn off the Tab and enter recovery with the 3 keys method (power+volume up+menu) and you will be able to flash anything in recovery and reboot into system.
Just DON'T EVER reboot into recovery using the "reboot into recovery" option on any software including power menu.
I have this issue for a long time, even when I was on 4.1.2 and that is how I got rid of the problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockasKane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #5  

606 posts
More
---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockasKane

Just don't reboot into recovery from any software.
Turn off the Tab and enter recovery with the 3 keys method (power+volume up+menu) and you will be able to flash anything in recovery and reboot into system.
Just DON'T EVER reboot into recovery using the "reboot into recovery" option on any software including power menu.
I have this issue for a long time, even when I was on 4.1.2 and that is how I got rid of the problem.

those reboot options work just fine before Upgrade to kitkat. I booted into recover from the off position. the first time after reinstalling recovery.
17th September 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #6  
Flag Oporto

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb25

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

those reboot options work just fine before Upgrade to kitkat. I booted into recover from the off position. the first time after reinstalling recovery.

But the first time you installed the update you rebooted via software command, right?
If you boot into recovery from off with the three buttoms... you can flash the 4.4.2 and it will load into system.
Just don't reboot into recovery via software command.
Test it.
The Following User Says Thank You to RockasKane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1871

I did the upgrade on my device no problems GOT ROOT then had issues. After root any changes ie: install zip, backup
The unit would get stuck in recovery mode. Recoveries tried TWRP, PhilZtouch, CWM
SDcard issues were fixed with Nextapp SDfix after root

Anyone having any other issues?
17th September 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Smile
Quote:

But the first time you installed the update you rebooted via software command, right?
If you boot into recovery from off with the three buttoms... you can flash the 4.4.2 and it will load into system.
Test it.

My [ROM] SM-T210R 4.4.2 Kitkat root via UPDATE-SuperSUv1.94.zip

Thanks for your tip I now can install zips without recovery boot loop. That was a major issue with the new Samsung 4.4.2 update.
Next issue I'm working on is boot-animation. Tried [Aroma] boot-animation (no luck), ROM toolbox Pro boot-animation (no luck)
Since trying I now have no boot-animation. Next step I shall try and push the zip to get something..

The new 4.4.2 is very fast otherwise.
17th September 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #9  
Flag Oporto

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhall

My [ROM] SM-T210R 4.4.2 Kitkat root via UPDATE-SuperSUv1.94.zip

Thanks for your tip I now can install zips without recovery boot loop. That was a major issue with the new Samsung 4.4.2 update.
Next issue I'm working on is boot-animation. Tried [Aroma] boot-animation (no luck), ROM toolbox Pro boot-animation (no luck)
Since trying I now have no boot-animation. Next step I shall try and push the zip to get something..

The new 4.4.2 is very fast otherwise.

Give NoleKat a try... it is based on stock 4.4.2 and it has the kernel fix that brings back the boot animation.

You can find it here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17472 Download V1.8

here's the topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...t210r-t2837338
17th September 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #10  

606 posts
More
Quote:

Test it.

no. I booted into recovery while the phone was off. 3 key Combo.
Last edited by bnb25; 17th September 2014 at 09:03 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread