Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Latest Firmware For T-Mobile 7.0 (SM-T217T) 4.2??? Upgrade Options?

OP uoY_redruM

13th November 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,937

3,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just got this stupid "upgrade" tablet from T-Mobile less then 2 months ago while they were running a special and I'm shocked to see how neglected it is. Is 4.2 seriously the "latest" update for this hunk of junk? I thought I was mistaken when I noticed how far behind it was so I decided to install KIES and make sure I wasn't missing something. It does in fact say I have the latest firmware.

What are my options for getting this thing updated?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to uoY_redruM For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 111

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoY_redruM

I just got this stupid "upgrade" tablet from T-Mobile less then 2 months ago while they were running a special and I'm shocked to see how neglected it is. Is 4.2 seriously the "latest" update for this hunk of junk? I thought I was mistaken when I noticed how far behind it was so I decided to install KIES and make sure I wasn't missing something. It does in fact say I have the latest firmware.

What are my options for getting this thing updated?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

your only option is to root it and install a custom rom. you might actually find a 4.3, 4.4, 5.0 based rom.
17th November 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 18

57 posts
More
I have the SM-T217S (Sprint) (wifi and LTE) and it got upgraded to 4.4.2 last month. It canceled my root and I had to find a new way to root it. Weird how T-Mobile models did not get the update.
Last edited by Texas501; 17th November 2014 at 06:21 PM.
16th December 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
I've been looking around and I can't even find a custom ROM that will work for the tab. I just got mine at nearly the same time as you did. T-Mobile is definitely the worst when it comes to sending out updates. I had the P-1000 before this and had pretty much the same experience. I'm thinking of just selling mine and getting the Sprint version so that I can at least upgrade it. I might even just Get an 8 gig tab 4 and buy an sd card because I highly doubt that T-Mobile is gonna give out an update now if they completely skipped KitKat. Oh well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread