Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[T217T] [T217A] QCN file needed for UMTS AWS band unlock

3rd April 2015, 03:34 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Ephrata
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I have searched everywhere! I can't be the only one with this issue!
I need a qcn file from a T-Mobile version of the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (sm-t217t). If anyone out there has a t217t, and would be willing to share the qcn file, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have an SM-T217A that is unlocked and I am trying to use it with T-Mo. The problem is, I live in an area that doesn't have lte yet. Much of my area is still stuck on EDGE. Since AT&T is such a petty lil' child, they lock out the aws bands so you can't use their devices with T-Mo. This is nothing more then a software lock that is easy to bypass with the proper files and mods. That is why I'm here. If someone could provide the qcn file from a t217t, I believe I can unlock the bands and make the t217a useful with T-Mo's 3G & HSPA+ networks.
After I've modded the bands to work with the aws network, I'll upload the qcn for others to benefit from this effort. After all, I can't be the only one who needs this.

Note: T-Mo c.s. told me that every area will be upgraded to lte starting this summer, but I know better then to hold my breath with the slowest network in the world.

7th May 2015, 12:54 AM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Ephrata
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Mods; Please close this thread. I have solved this issue. I will post a how-to in a few days, in case anyone else wants to use a t217a on T-Mo.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aws, qcn, sm-t217a, sm-t217t
Previous Thread Next Thread