No registration required

[Q] Can't boot after encryption

OP BlackTaz

11th August 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker posting for the first time, I hope I'm doing it in the right forum. I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 with TWRP recovery and a custom ROM.

I was on RocketTab rom when this happened. I tried to encrypt the device using the built-in tool and followed the instructions. However, after a few minutes, my tab rebooted and got stuck on a screen asking for a password in German. I tried to enter my lockscreen password, it didn't worked. I triend another one and this time it seemed to work (even if it was an old password). The device was displaying a bugdroid with some kind of gear-belly. Then I had the RocketTab bootscreen and that was it. The screen stayed like this for a long time, so I rebooted, entered the password again and I got the same thing. That screen stayed like this until the battery dried out.

I went into TWRP and tried a restore, but all it changed was the bootscreen which got stuck in the exact same way. After a couple of failed attempts, I went deeper into TWRP and tried to wipe things. TWRP couldn't do that because /data failed to mount. I then went in the advanced settings and formatted /data. I was able to wipe it again if I would, so I thought my issue was resolved. It wasn't. Now I have the message asking for a password (now in English) but none of my previously used password are working :/

What do you guys think I can do? I don't care about the data, all I want is to make it work again.

Help me XDA people. You're my only hope.

Thanks!

Taz
11th August 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag @my home
Thanks Meter: 106

349 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTaz

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker posting for the first time, I hope I'm doing it in the right forum. I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 with TWRP recovery and a custom ROM.

I was on RocketTab rom when this happened. I tried to encrypt the device using the built-in tool and followed the instructions. However, after a few minutes, my tab rebooted and got stuck on a screen asking for a password in German. I tried to enter my lockscreen password, it didn't worked. I triend another one and this time it seemed to work (even if it was an old password). The device was displaying a bugdroid with some kind of gear-belly. Then I had the RocketTab bootscreen and that was it. The screen stayed like this for a long time, so I rebooted, entered the password again and I got the same thing. That screen stayed like this until the battery dried out.

I went into TWRP and tried a restore, but all it changed was the bootscreen which got stuck in the exact same way. After a couple of failed attempts, I went deeper into TWRP and tried to wipe things. TWRP couldn't do that because /data failed to mount. I then went in the advanced settings and formatted /data. I was able to wipe it again if I would, so I thought my issue was resolved. It wasn't. Now I have the message asking for a password (now in English) but none of my previously used password are working :/

What do you guys think I can do? I don't care about the data, all I want is to make it work again.

Help me XDA people. You're my only hope.

Thanks!

Taz

It was a long time ago, a other has user done The same ,but i dont find The thread at The Moment.

I think The onlyest what will hell is flash a Stockrom with a Pit.file
A Pit.file erase and Format your hole tab.

Search in this thread for a pit.file, download The Stockrom from sammobile and this with Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to bierma32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
Thank you, it worked!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread