Ask a question

No registration required

PIT / OPS Help

OP rockleone83

2nd September 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Ok So my galaxy tab 3 8.0 can boot to recovery and download mode but it cannot boot to just android and I've tried every thing (including trying to flash another rom (cm))

So can someone

A. Explain How PIT / OPS files work and how to use / find them

OR

B. Explain Why I would not need them and what other steps I should take.

THX
Last edited by rockleone83; 2nd September 2014 at 06:29 PM.
3rd September 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 74

97 posts
@rockleone

Usually I do not respond to devices other than the one I used. But I can see how you have request help since the 24th August 2014, 05:21 PM witch is your other post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockleone83

My Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Is Stuck In A Loop Where I Can't Boot To Anything But TWRP.

Because Android Is Corrupted, I Can't Boot or Factory Reset.

What Should i do?

P.S This is because I tried to flash a rom and failed.

kk-4.4.2 is troubled. If you got in trouble doing that please request help in the 4.4.2 thread where you got your kk 4.4.2.

1) Normally when we get in trouble we repair via Odin and install a Stock Rom from Samsung. Is you have not move yet to KK 4.4.2 please try to download your old Firmware. Remember their is various models of Tab3 8 usually LTE, 3G and WIFI You need to download the one that Applied to you. You have not said which model you have.

You could go to sammobile
h__p://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=34506
You need to search for your model. As you see that link directs you to a TAB3 10 3g, that is not yours. Just Select you model in that site.

2) Beware that some Samsung Stock Roms are throuble since they have Knox and other method to do your life miserable. I do not own a TAB3 8 so I do not know that situation. You may need to read.

For that reason this is what I do first.
a) I will use Recovery to Install again, yes again one of the ROM that you have. Normally Developers provide you in the form 0f update.zip. To ensure that the Rom.zip is ok decompress it in your PC. If the file is corrupt winzip or winrar will tell you.

b) Put a copy of the inside an External SDCARD.

c) Reboot in to Recovery.

d) This step is the one you may have miss. You need Clean/Wipe your Tab before install. You need to go and select Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Before Installing Rom. There should be also an area to Wipe User data. Some time Wipe is refereed to as Format. Be sure not to Format Recovery partition, I do not recall is that option is in TWRP.

e) Now You can install the Rom. Please when upgrading be sure to let your tablet in a table not in your hand and ensure that your tablet has at least 50% of battery. You do not want to run out of juice on the middle of a programing.

Reboot and test. If this time does not work may be is time to install Stock Rom from sammobile.

Good luck.

Final, since no body with Tab3 8 knowledge is answering to you in QA. Try to explain the mods to allow you to beg for help in other area!
Last edited by r2d23cpo; 3rd September 2014 at 11:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to r2d23cpo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d23cpo

@rockleone

Usually I do not respond to devices other than the one I used. But I can see how you have request help since the 24th August 2014, 05:21 PM witch is your other post.

kk-4.4.2 is troubled. If you got in trouble doing that please request help in the 4.4.2 thread where you got your kk 4.4.2.

1) Normally when we get in trouble we repair via Odin and install a Stock Rom from Samsung. Is you have not move yet to KK 4.4.2 please try to download your old Firmware. Remember their is various models of Tab3 8 usually LTE, 3G and WIFI You need to download the one that Applied to you. You have not said which model you have.

You could go to sammobile

You need to search for your model. As you see that link directs you to a TAB3 10 3g, that is not yours. Just Select you model in that site.

2) Beware that some Samsung Stock Roms are throuble since they have Knox and other method to do your life miserable. I do not own a TAB3 8 so I do not know that situation. You may need to read.

For that reason this is what I do first.
a) I will use Recovery to Install again, yes again one of the ROM that you have. Normally Developers provide you in the form 0f update.zip. To ensure that the Rom.zip is ok decompress it in your PC. If the file is corrupt winzip or winrar will tell you.

b) Put a copy of the inside an External SDCARD.

c) Reboot in to Recovery.

d) This step is the one you may have miss. You need Clean/Wipe your Tab before install. You need to go and select Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Before Installing Rom. There should be also an area to Wipe User data. Some time Wipe is refereed to as Format. Be sure not to Format Recovery partition, I do not recall is that option is in TWRP.

e) Now You can install the Rom. Please when upgrading be sure to let your tablet in a table not in your hand and ensure that your tablet has at least 50% of battery. You do not want to run out of juice on the middle of a programing.

Reboot and test. If this time does not work may be is time to install Stock Rom from sammobile.

Good luck.

Final, since no body with Tab3 8 knowledge is answering to you in QA. Try to explain the mods to allow you to beg for help in other area!

Dude Thanks so mush worked im so happy!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread