OP Member
Flag Oporto
Thanks Meter: 19

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbutt74

i understand your frustration.
i would then suggest running your tab stock/rooted with stock recovery until, hear me out,
until you have done a mad amount of reading and learning for the following reason;
you are like looking at doing some HEAVY terminal work to diagnose/identify the full problem
and then MORE terminal work to fix it.
you will need to know for this problem how to use the dd command with respect to directly writing boot/kernel/recovery
images to appropriate mmcblk.
you will need to know what an mmcblk is and what mmcblk corresponds to recovery and boot.
you will need to learn how to disassemble debug and reconstruct boot/kernel/recovery images
you will need to learn to navigate your file system and mount,umount,remount,cd,cp,chmod,chown etc.

or if you reflash normal stock you can take it back to store and get a replacement.

m

Thank you so much for your patience and time
8th July 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #12  
Flag @my home
Thanks Meter: 105

340 posts
More
Why do you try The The Rommanager?
1. Before you Start to flash a recovery and root your device, you must read and read and not try The first post.
So your are now that The Rommanager are not work in our device.

Every time you can read here post were some one try to root by Chinise app and other, after this they have Boot loops and Brick there device.
9th July 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag Oporto

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierma32

Why do you try The The Rommanager?
1. Before you Start to flash a recovery and root your device, you must read and read and not try The first post.
So your are now that The Rommanager are not work in our device.

Every time you can read here post were some one try to root by Chinise app and other, after this they have Boot loops and Brick there device.

If you read my posts with attention, you'll see I've used odin.
I just used rom manager to check out what was going on.
As I also said, I am a nob when it comes to android but not regarding firmwares... as you can see on my profile, I've been around for some years and not even 40 posts... I kinda read alot and speak few times [emoji4]
I am quite sure I've done everything as I usually do, but this time something has gone wrong... it happens [emoji4]
It is strange and not usuall. When I'm on vacations I'll spend sometime working this thing out... maybe by then kit kat is stable for this device [emoji3]

Edit: typos
10th July 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Flag Oporto

98 posts
More
Ok... I have a new info.
I used odin to flash prerooted firmware but it looks like recovery "damages" my data partition.
So.. the only way to go around this is to use the option "nand erase all" and install prerooted... then it won't boot even if it plays the booting sound.
So... I have to install through odin TWRP and then fix the data partition... and the only way to do so is to change file system to ext3 and then back to ext4.
At this point I am able to install a rom through TWRP and I can even install kernel and theme but only if i batch the zips...
All boots fine but, if for some reason I enter recovery again... all gets screwed up and i must repeat all steps

Is this helpfull to find a fix for this?
@Tomsgt, @gr8nole, @ketut.kumajaya, anyone?
10th July 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Flag Oporto

98 posts
More
FYI and future reference... looks like that if I just turn off the phone and enter recovery using the home+vol up+power it works fine.
It's a relieve to me but on the other hand makes me really curious... why?
11th July 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 362

774 posts
huh
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockasKane

FYI and future reference... looks like that if I just turn off the phone and enter recovery using the home+vol up+power it works fine.
It's a relieve to me but on the other hand makes me really curious... why?

the only thing i can think of is to now update/install latest supersu from chainfire [2.00] i believe.
i have had goofy root fails where i couldn't manage reboot into recovery and su update/reinstall
fixed it, but honestly jf your good for now then don't wake the dragon.

m
The Following User Says Thank You to moonbutt74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #17  
OP Member
Flag Oporto

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbutt74

the only thing i can think of is to now update/install latest supersu from chainfire [2.00] i believe.
i have had goofy root fails where i couldn't manage reboot into recovery and su update/reinstall
fixed it, but honestly jf your good for now then don't wake the dragon.

m

No I won't
I'll leave it as it is until I'm on vacations with the free time to just risk some changes again
18th August 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
Ok, try following:
First, flash the Stock firmware again, and root the device. Then install "Flashify (for root users)". (download it on the google play store)
Download the latest PhilZ kernel.
Now open the downloaded zip and unpack the zip. You need the file "recovery.img"
Now open the app flashify and hit "Recovery image" and choose the file.
Then flash the file.
Then reboot and try it.
Hope I can help you.
1st September 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockasKane

Ok... I have a new info.
I used odin to flash prerooted firmware but it looks like recovery "damages" my data partition.
So.. the only way to go around this is to use the option "nand erase all" and install prerooted... then it won't boot even if it plays the booting sound.
So... I have to install through odin TWRP and then fix the data partition... and the only way to do so is to change file system to ext3 and then back to ext4.
At this point I am able to install a rom through TWRP and I can even install kernel and theme but only if i batch the zips...
All boots fine but, if for some reason I enter recovery again... all gets screwed up and i must repeat all steps

Is this helpfull to find a fix for this?
@Tomsgt, @gr8nole, @ketut.kumajaya, anyone?

How did you change the file system to ext3 and to ext4 ?
13th September 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #20  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 204

517 posts
More
Not sure if it would be relevant or not (not had this tab that long and i'll be reading up a lot ) but would or could there be differences in partition info between GSM and WI-FI ROM's? I myself would double check just in case.

Also with ROM Managers and Odin, do they use the same flashing program on the Tablet/Handsets? I only ask as coming from htc there are two variations of what seems the same program to flash a ROM/Recovery etc depending on how the image/zip/etc are presented through Software update (OTA) or .zip or through PC update dictates which is used to install.

This is why I've steered clear of ROM Managers for the most part, either doesn't 100% suit me or I've had bad ROM flashes so I've stuck with going through Recovery or PC updates.

Sent from my SM-T210

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, cwm, recovery, t210, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread