How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Charging Troblems

OP deltonb44

24th August 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Samsung Galaxy tab 3 7" SM-T210R. Recently my tablet has been having problems charging. Like when I plug it it it takes forever to charge. Before I could use it and it would also charge. Now when I charge it and use it, it stays at the percentage it was at when it began charging. Sometimes when I unplug it, it'll be lower than before. When I put it on charge over night (6hours) it'll get to 100%. I'm still using the original charger that came with the tablet. Any help would be thanked.

Sent from my SM-T210R using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com
25th August 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Waupaca, Wi
Thanks Meter: 30
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltonb44

Samsung Galaxy tab 3 7" SM-T210R. Recently my tablet has been having problems charging. Like when I plug it it it takes forever to charge. Before I could use it and it would also charge. Now when I charge it and use it, it stays at the percentage it was at when it began charging. Sometimes when I unplug it, it'll be lower than before. When I put it on charge over night (6hours) it'll get to 100%. I'm still using the original charger that came with the tablet. Any help would be thanked.

Sent from my SM-T210R using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

Me too
25th August 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #3  
steelbrachen's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Exactly have the same problem, I'd like to ask first, are you rooted? What rom are you using? Because that could be the issue, I'm rooted and I'm using nolekat rom. It takes me 10 hrs or more to fully charge and it drains half the time fast. The percentage on the battery jumps higher then goes lower and it decreases while I'm charging and using it and I'm not doing anything heavy. I already tried using the battery calibration app which most people recommend to troubleshoot first, it didn't work for me. I suggest that you try calibrating first and if it doesn't work, reflash your current rom if you're rooted, if you aren't, it could be your charger and I also know my charger isn't faulty. Last thing I'll suggest is try manually removing your battery for 5mins then put it back in. I haven't tried that yet, I need the tools still. Hope this helps and let me know what you've done.

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to steelbrachen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I had a similar problem... Used the Battery Doctor app to figure out that some components were running all the time..
Just reflashed it with same rom and problem is now gone.
The Following User Says Thank You to rajmisc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmisc

I had a similar problem... Used the Battery Doctor app to figure out that some components were running all the time..
Just reflashed it with same rom and problem is now gone.

thank you very much. installing the battery doctor app does in fact help it charge faster!
26th August 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbrachen

Exactly have the same problem, I'd like to ask first, are you rooted? What rom are you using? Because that could be the issue, I'm rooted and I'm using nolekat rom. It takes me 10 hrs or more to fully charge and it drains half the time fast. The percentage on the battery jumps higher then goes lower and it decreases while I'm charging and using it and I'm not doing anything heavy. I already tried using the battery calibration app which most people recommend to troubleshoot first, it didn't work for me. I suggest that you try calibrating first and if it doesn't work, reflash your current rom if you're rooted, if you aren't, it could be your charger and I also know my charger isn't faulty. Last thing I'll suggest is try manually removing your battery for 5mins then put it back in. I haven't tried that yet, I need the tools still. Hope this helps and let me know what you've done.

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Free mobile app

thanks for the advice. I recently removed the rom i was running. it helped Thank you very much. I also removed my battery by opening my device with the back end of a knife it you do it gently it really doesnt scratch your device plus if you have a case/skin you can't see the part where you wedge the knife. Thank you !
28th August 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #7  
Tquarter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Did you all get a Refurbished tab? I ask because I was just about to get one.... But not if they all have battery trouble.
29th August 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Waupaca, Wi
Thanks Meter: 30
 
152 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquarter

Did you all get a Refurbished tab? I ask because I was just about to get one.... But not if they all have battery trouble.

mines brand new out of the box. The charging problem came with the custom rom somehow
30th August 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #9  
dsilx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag fort campbell
Thanks Meter: 120
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Thumbs up calibrate it
Download q battery calibrator from google play let it charge to 100 then calibrate it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes