[Q] connecting SMT210R Bluetooth SPP to rfcomm (and that to a virtual W95 machine)

28th July 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I've been around Linux for a few years now, and have had my Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 for about a year. I've run into a bit of a problem that maybe someone knows how to get around. I have some knowledge of android because of the relationship to Linux... but still rather a newbie.

I'm trying to get my Tab 3 to communicate with a Bolutek BLK-MD-BC04-B serial to bluetooth adapter. I have no problems pairing it with my tablet, but once paired only certain software packages will connect with it... and I have no use for a bluetooth communications terminal (the usual software). I can get everything to work on my main computer (running Ubuntu 12.04LTS) the way I want, but I can't find /dev/rfcomm0 on my tablet. I've tried several software packages from the Google store, but to no avail (so far).

What I'm trying to accomplish overall is getting a piece of equipment I have to work with an android tablet, that at present only works with Windows software. I've got W95 working on a virtual machine in my tablet (a tiny tad slow, but it works well enough) using the no-longer-maintained program "Limbo" and the only thing stopping me now is getting the signal from the serial port (on the equipment) to the virtual machine in my tablet. The adapter works as it should, the only problem is the android bluetooth.

Does anyone know how to get the tablet to connect to the Bluetooth adapter (it's already paired), and then assign the communications to rfcomm0 (or maybe put a virtual link to ttyS0/ttyS1)?

Better yet, is there also anyone with experience working with this Limbo software who could give suggestions how to get a serial port working in it? (It should be easy to do once I figure it out - I've got the whole thing working fine on my main system using Virtualbox, and it was easy.)

I'm on an extremely tight budget (dirt poor actually - typical graduate student) and need to work with what I have, so please no suggestions of buying a new tablet or anything like that.

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread