Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is deep sleep? How does it affect the device?

Tip us?

Ripshock
Old
(Last edited by Ripshock; 8th July 2014 at 07:23 AM.) Reason: More questions
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Is it a bug?
Don`t be Naughty and Follow the rules
Thanks

RockasKane
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
Is it a bug?
Nope... it's a state to where the device "goes" after a certain amount of inactivity in order to save battery, turning off all that is not necessary... keeping the minimum working so you can receive calls, sms and (i'm not sure about this) pushing notifications.
It's not a bug... it's a good thing when works correctly, when it come to enter into it and getting off

ps. Forgive my english
The Following User Says Thank You to RockasKane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ripshock
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockasKane View Post
Nope... it's a state to where the device "goes" after a certain amount of inactivity in order to save battery, turning off all that is not necessary... keeping the minimum working so you can receive calls, sms and (i'm not sure about this) pushing notifications.
It's not a bug... it's a good thing when works correctly, when it come to enter into it and getting off

ps. Forgive my english
Thanks for the response. I thought it was a bug because some guys with their roms consider it as an issue but idk why after what you have told me? So tell me when it's a bug?
Don`t be Naughty and Follow the rules
Thanks

RockasKane
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I guess it's probably when the device just doesn't come out of it correctly, hardware failures, services that don't restart, etc...
Sometimes it becomes, apparently, an issue, also when some applications or services don't allow the device to enter deep sleep... hence the battery drain issues or others similar.
I hope someone better informed than me and with more knowledge can explain you in a better way.
The Following User Says Thank You to RockasKane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]