Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 On screen controls, Netflix, BBC iPlayer

Tip us?

philwaters21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 On screen controls, Netflix, BBC iPlayer

There is definitely an issue with the on screen controls and Netflix, BBC iPlayer, TV Anywhere (Virgin) etc

Many people have complained on Netflix's Play Store page by giving 1 star and saying since the Netflix update you are not able to pause, scroll forward or back as the on screen controls appear for a split second and then disappear, but it isn't Netflix's fault as the same issue exists with BBC iPlayer (downloaded content playing back only - not streaming) and Virgin's TV Anywhere.

This only began after the OTA upgrade to 4.4.2.

Apart from my feelings that the battery is draining quicker, the navigation is not as fluid and the native video player sound is not as good, this update has proved to be a failure in my view.

I read that the bootloader was locked so custom rom is out of the question at the moment (I think, not that clued up on such issues) - but I wouldn't want to root anyway as it renders Sky Go and other apps useless.

Can someone shed some light as to what is wrong and how to fix?

Rofa1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No problem with BBC I Player. Don't use the other two. I'm rooted and been able to get rid of some of the Samsung junk. Can't run apk's as reported in another thread. Have you a link to the bootloader issue?

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

philwaters21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rofa1 View Post
No problem with BBC I Player. Don't use the other two. I'm rooted and been able to get rid of some of the Samsung junk. Can't run apk's as reported in another thread. Have you a link to the bootloader issue?

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
So if you download a programme on iPlayer and watch you are able to pause while watching?

The thread I saw the locked bootloader info was here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788770 - but I am not sure if this is referencing a different rom?

Rofa1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for delay in replying. Yes I can pause. I'm also note on CM11 4.4.4. And extremely happy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gilly10
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Netflix is still broken, there's been about 3 bug fixes lately & not one of those fixes the controls.
Current Devices:
--------------------------
Nexus 7 2012 (KK 4.4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (KK 4.4.2)
Acer Iconia B1-710 (JB 4.1.2)
Samsung Galaxy Ace (CM 9.2)
Samsung Galaxy Y (GB 2.3.6)

--------------------------

Lakland
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Yep still broken.