[Q] Galaxy tab 3 warranty

OP SGiZac

19th August 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi,

I've pretty much used a S4 before this, recently got a free Tab 3.70 and it was so slow that i need to change the firmware and root it.

I'm wondering or it seems to be there is no Knox for the Galaxy Tab 3.7.0? (T210 variant). So it means my warranty won't be void right? But I've also read that the Triangle Away does not support the Tab 3, does this mean that if i root/load a custom rom and kernel, I won't be able to flash away the counter to get warranty still?

Finally, for S4, some important things to note were the CSC/PDA/Firmware of your device, but without a Phone dialer, how does one go about doing this and is it necessary to take these details down for the Tab in order to go back to its original state?
21st August 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I have recently bought a Tab 3 8" and would also like to know will i be able to keep my warranty if i root it. I am currently at 4.2.2 and i'm not interested in flashing another ROM, just gaining root. Is there a completely reversable way to do this?
21st August 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
Same question for P5220 (Tab 3 10.1 Wifi+LTE)
23rd August 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

15 posts
More
Warranty will be void if your device is rooted, and yes there is a way you can get it back restored unrooted. Just go to your device size thread and find the right one. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to steelbrachen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread