Need Help getting to stock rom!

6th August 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

61 posts
Ok this is my problem, I was on a custom rom because kikat was not released for my device. when it was I used odin and flashed the stock jelly bean rom I had. it worked and I went into settings and clicked update. when I came back to my tablet it had stock kikat 4.4.2. I went into download mode to add twrp and root. in download mode there was a new string of text after I flash twrp:

ODIN mode
product name:sm-t310_NA
current binary:
system status:
AP SEREV: A1

the "AP SEREV: A1" was new, For some reason twrp worked but i could not get root access so in twrp I restored a backup of my custom rom. so I gave it another try but when I tried to flash jelly bean, it gave me an error(FAILED) in oden and gave me a "invalid magic string" error in download mode.
What should i do, I am stuck on a custom rom I dont want. if it is a matter of flashing kikat in odin, then please direct me to the American SM-T310 kikat STOCK ROM file

thanks

ps if there is some new way of getting root in kikat that would also help.
6th August 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hot Desert
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidhacker007

Ok this is my problem, I was on a custom rom because kikat was not released for my device. when it was I used odin and flashed the stock jelly bean rom I had. it worked and I went into settings and clicked update. when I came back to my tablet it had stock kikat 4.4.2. I went into download mode to add twrp and root. in download mode there was a new string of text after I flash twrp:

ODIN mode
current binary:
system status:

the "AP SEREV: A1" was new, For some reason twrp worked but i could not get root access so in twrp I restored a backup of my custom rom. so I gave it another try but when I tried to flash jelly bean, it gave me an error(FAILED) in oden and gave me a "invalid magic string" error in download mode.
What should i do, I am stuck on a custom rom I dont want. if it is a matter of flashing kikat in odin, then please direct me to the American SM-T310 kikat STOCK ROM file

thanks

Try towel root http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784152
6th August 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 257

476 posts
More
Quote:

ODIN mode
current binary:
system status:

thanks

This thread DOESNT belong here!!!
This thread must be moved on q&a
7th August 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

61 posts
Srry can u move it plz

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by androidhacker007; 7th August 2014 at 01:54 AM.
8th August 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

294 posts
Quote:

Srry can u move it plz

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you are still looking for a 4.4.2 stock rom, try SamMobile.com. I used this one:
SM-T310 Canada 2014 July 4.4.2 T310XXUBNE9 T310XACBNE8

After that, I used this guide to root:
http://www.droidviews.com/root-galax...310-on-kitkat/

and this for getting TWRP:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2619518
9th August 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 13

95 posts
Never, ever do an OTA update. You never know what sort of turd you are going to get. See the Knox fiasco, or my iPad 2 that is going to be a rifle target after a retard I loaned it to updated to 7-whatever.

Two things to try.

The Toolkit and this ROM.

If you already have a recovery on your Tab, this should be simple. Download one of the rooted versions of the ROM, get it on to your tablet (SD card preferred), wipe and install.

If all else fails, try GalaTab3. It WILL work, unless your mo-sheen is broken.

ETA: Whoa, does the stock Samsung 4.4.x ROM have Knox as well?
Last edited by Tromatic; 9th August 2014 at 11:23 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Tab 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank