Why no root for .Sm-t217s??

OP endwhysee.bk

16th October 2013, 06:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dania beach
Thanks Meter: 25

182 posts
More
I got this galaxy tab 3 7.o from sprint which I like however I would love to root it . My question is why isnt there a root for it yet? Theres root for other models yet not the sm-t217s. Why has no one created a root for it . If I knew how to create a root I would . Can someone show where to start to create a root. Im opening to learn im a very fast learner . I have been reading on it yet I havent found the right info. But it bugs me that this model dosent have root. What is a android with out root..lol.. thanks ahead of time . And my apologies if this posted in the wrong place.

O.Nice ASamsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
The Following User Says Thank You to endwhysee.bk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2013, 07:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Fountain Hills, AZ
Thanks Meter: 24

246 posts
More
There is a couple of options for the WiFi only version of the 7" Tab 3.

The Sprint connected one has only been available for a couple of days.
The Following User Says Thank You to dtaylorr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2013, 07:33 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis , TN
Thanks Meter: 5,436

5,123 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by endwhysee.bk

I got this galaxy tab 3 7.o from sprint which I like however I would love to root it . My question is why isnt there a root for it yet? Theres root for other models yet not the sm-t217s. Why has no one created a root for it . If I knew how to create a root I would . Can someone show where to start to create a root. Im opening to learn im a very fast learner . I have been reading on it yet I havent found the right info. But it bugs me that this model dosent have root. What is a android with out root..lol.. thanks ahead of time . And my apologies if this posted in the wrong place.

Yours is not the same. Not the same CPU either or GPU yours is msm8930 . You will probably need a recovery before you can root it. Only other msm8930 devices I know are s4 mini and Galaxy Mega they may have ways of rooting without recoveries

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Unjustified Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2013, 06:46 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dania beach

182 posts
More
What is msm8930??? My galaxy tab 3 model number is sm-t217s. Thanks but you lost me with that msm8930. And yes putting a recovery might work since I just found out this model number sm-t217s has been unlocked. But please do explain on what is msm8930?

17th October 2013, 06:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dania beach

182 posts
More
My bad figure out what msm8930 is thanks ill look in to that.

21st October 2013, 01:39 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

4 posts
You can get root.
I have been looking for this since I got the device, and just got ROOT! (To confirm, I have the SPRINT Galaxy Tab 3, SM-T217S. Other Tabs may or may not work.)

To get root, I just went to: the KingoApp(.com) website (I have to break up the URL because I am a new user.)

Run this app with your device connected via USB (can take 7 or 8 minutes), and it will give you root / SU on the device. Then you can run some of the nice apps like Titanium backup, and such.

Seems to be working for me, so far. I have SU installed, and I am currently backing up my phone to SD card with Titanium Backup.

Enjoy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to craig_collinson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2013, 10:57 PM   |  #7  
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 88

416 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_collinson

I have been looking for this since I got the device, and just got ROOT! (To confirm, I have the SPRINT Galaxy Tab 3, SM-T217S. Other Tabs may or may not work.)

To get root, I just went to: the KingoApp(.com) website (I have to break up the URL because I am a new user.)

Run this app with your device connected via USB (can take 7 or 8 minutes), and it will give you root / SU on the device. Then you can run some of the nice apps like Titanium backup, and such.

Seems to be working for me, so far. I have SU installed, and I am currently backing up my phone to SD card with Titanium Backup.

Enjoy!

seems legit....someone test....ive scanned the exe but nothing bad shows up...im not willing to try tho.
22nd October 2013, 03:30 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dania beach

182 posts
More
Will look in to it. And let ya know if it is safe

22nd October 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 33

141 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endwhysee.bk

Will look in to it. And let ya know if it is safe

I would like to confirm that I just used Kingo ROOT to root 4.2.2, SM-T217S, Baseband T217SVPUAMH9, Kernel 3.4.0-1458241, Build JDQ39

For reference my hardware version is T217S.04

I also have a couple more of these, and I am stoked that it was so easy after being unable to find any information clearly spelled out anywhere.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiddecks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2013, 06:51 AM   |  #10  
Flag Morton
Thanks Meter: 167

349 posts
More
It's safe guys.. I just did it and am still using my tab right now.. Now all we need is Odin recovery and the fun begins..

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk 4

The Following User Says Thank You to sparytrainor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread