Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kit kat for 10.1?

Tip us?

nola mike
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Kit kat for 10.1?

Trying to decide between an ASUS transformer tf700 and the tab 3 10.1". Been poking around, and I don't see any kit kat ROMS for the tab3? Am I missing them?

UAdeveloper
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola mike View Post
Trying to decide between an ASUS transformer tf700 and the tab 3 10.1". Been poking around, and I don't see any kit kat ROMS for the tab3? Am I missing them?
Donīt do the same mistake we did !
There may be an update to KitKat but it would be the last update. (ASUS releases much more updates than Samsung)
And building custom ROMs for the 10.1 variant, is (at this time) unpossible because of the Intel chipset.

If you donīt care about these aspects, itīs still a powerfull tablet for working with documents or watching streams, movies.
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (P5200)
Medion Navigation (Windows CE 4)

Skills: (hire me)
- Windows CE
- optical software mods
- Sony Playstation 2 mods
- hardware mods

"Thanks" button is on the left side

nola mike
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAdeveloper View Post
Donīt do the same mistake we did !
There may be an update to KitKat but it would be the last update. (ASUS releases much more updates than Samsung)
And building custom ROMs for the 10.1 variant, is (at this time) unpossible because of the Intel chipset.

If you donīt care about these aspects, itīs still a powerfull tablet for working with documents or watching streams, movies.

Huh. No custom ROMS? Weird. So, you're saying the galaxy was a mistake?

calden74
Old
(Last edited by calden74; 13th July 2014 at 07:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola mike View Post
Huh. No custom ROMS? Weird. So, you're saying the galaxy was a mistake?
Was, why did you bother even asking the question if the Tab 3 was worth the purchase of you had already purchased it. Yes, the Tab 3 was a mistake, not only is this tablet very laggy do to TouchWiz not being optimized for x86 (should have given you hint when they haven't released another model with this cpu as of yet) but the system only leaves 300mb of memory available to apps. Samsung has been promising Kit Kat for ever and at this point it looks like it will never happen, not only that but the custom ROMs are few to none, with most being abandoned. Sell this piece of crap and my suggestion, would be to never buy another midtier Samsung tablet again. They just don't care, once they release a tablet it's forgotten and layed to the side for the next 20 Samsung released that week. Even the new Tab 4 is a waste of money, the Tab 4 should have been what the Tab 3 was, so it's already obsolete, their just fast-food tablets.

If you check out the general forum the majority of threads are for the 7 inch model, why anyone in their right mind would buy such a piece of garbage is beyond me but you know it's bad when Samsung's cheapest model gets updated before the higher end model and I use that term lightly.

Spend a little money and buy something decent, checkout some of the new Windows 8 tablets they are very good and are reasonably priced.

UAdeveloper
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by calden74 View Post
Was, why did you bother even asking the question if the Tab 3 was worth the purchase of you had already purchased it. Yes, the Tab 3 was a mistake, not only is this tablet very laggy do to TouchWiz not being optimized for x86 (should have given you hint when they haven't released another model with this cpu as of yet) but the system only leaves 300mb of memory available to apps. Samsung has been promising Kit Kat for ever and at this point it looks like it will never happen, not only that but the custom ROMs are few to none, with most being abandoned. Sell this piece of crap and my suggestion, would be to never buy another midtier Samsung tablet again. They just don't care, once they release a tablet it's forgotten and layed to the side for the next 20 Samsung released that week. Even the new Tab 4 is a waste of money, the Tab 4 should have been what the Tab 3 was, so it's already obsolete, their just fast-food tablets.

If you check out the general forum the majority of threads are for the 7 inch model, why anyone in their right mind would buy such a piece of garbage is beyond me but you know it's bad when Samsung's cheapest model gets updated before the higher end model and I use that term lightly.

Spend a little money and buy something decent, checkout some of the new Windows 8 tablets they are very good and are reasonably priced.
True (sad) story
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)
Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (P5200)
Medion Navigation (Windows CE 4)

Skills: (hire me)
- Windows CE
- optical software mods
- Sony Playstation 2 mods
- hardware mods

"Thanks" button is on the left side

Terra1
Old
(Last edited by Terra1; 15th July 2014 at 07:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by calden74 View Post

I know I won't be buying another Samsung tablet......... I just wish HTC will make a tablet soon.......

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC ONE M8 On Virgin/Optus..........