Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 42,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] root access is missing root device?

Tip us?

MAGAZINEBRIAN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tablet [Q] root access is missing root device?

My tab 3 8.0 wifi device wouldn't let me update the software OTA so I thought about rooting the tablet then I done a factory reset the tablet just says galaxy tab 3 and sits there for hours.So when I reboot into the philz memory it's saying "root access is missing . root device? "if I press yes it does nothing and if I press no it does nothing.....can this be fixed without the aid of a computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brian.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404809933682.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	2839820  

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2807

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAZINEBRIAN View Post
My tab 3 8.0 wifi device wouldn't let me update the software OTA so I thought about rooting the tablet then I done a factory reset the tablet just says galaxy tab 3 and sits there for hours.So when I reboot into the philz memory it's saying "root access is missing . root device? "if I press yes it does nothing and if I press no it does nothing.....can this be fixed without the aid of a computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brian.
Looks like you probably wiped the system. Pick a rom and install or use Odin to flash the original firmware.

Sent from my SCH-I605
>>>>------;;;;----->

MAGAZINEBRIAN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
Looks like you probably wiped the system. Pick a rom and install or use Odin to flash the original firmware.

Sent from my SCH-I605
thank you so do I need a computer to do this or can I do it thought the recovery mode?

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2807

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAZINEBRIAN View Post
thank you so do I need a computer to do this or can I do it thought the recovery mode?
Yes, you will need another way to download the rom. Odin will require connecting to a computer, but flashing a rom can be done in recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605
>>>>------;;;;----->

MAGAZINEBRIAN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
Yes, you will need another way to download the rom. Odin will require connecting to a computer, but flashing a rom can be done in recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605
many thanks my cousin is letting me use here computer cheers again.