[Q] root access is missing root device?

OP MAGAZINEBRIAN

8th July 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
My tab 3 8.0 wifi device wouldn't let me update the software OTA so I thought about rooting the tablet then I done a factory reset the tablet just says galaxy tab 3 and sits there for hours.So when I reboot into the philz memory it's saying "root access is missing . root device? "if I press yes it does nothing and if I press no it does nothing.....can this be fixed without the aid of a computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brian.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404809933682.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	2839820  
8th July 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 3,583

2,278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAZINEBRIAN

My tab 3 8.0 wifi device wouldn't let me update the software OTA so I thought about rooting the tablet then I done a factory reset the tablet just says galaxy tab 3 and sits there for hours.So when I reboot into the philz memory it's saying "root access is missing . root device? "if I press yes it does nothing and if I press no it does nothing.....can this be fixed without the aid of a computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brian.

Looks like you probably wiped the system. Pick a rom and install or use Odin to flash the original firmware.

Sent from my SCH-I605
8th July 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

51 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

Looks like you probably wiped the system. Pick a rom and install or use Odin to flash the original firmware.

Sent from my SCH-I605

thank you so do I need a computer to do this or can I do it thought the recovery mode?
8th July 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 3,583

2,278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAZINEBRIAN

thank you so do I need a computer to do this or can I do it thought the recovery mode?

Yes, you will need another way to download the rom. Odin will require connecting to a computer, but flashing a rom can be done in recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605
8th July 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

Yes, you will need another way to download the rom. Odin will require connecting to a computer, but flashing a rom can be done in recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605

many thanks my cousin is letting me use here computer cheers again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Tab 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank