Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SM-T210] Problem on root / OS install

Tip us?
 
Vercynogetorix
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wrocław
Question [SM-T210] Problem on root / OS install

Hi,

i have run into a little problem,

After CWM install and then rooting (suing method/files from sticky) following happens

1. System started once
2. All colors were replaced with electronic green (if you know what i mean)
3. System doesn't restart anymore
4. System restarts always and only to CWM
5. On each exit from CWM, User is asked to flash ROOT
6. On each and other system flash, device reboots to CWM only,

any help?

ps. i tried to reflash CWM, root and system all with same effect

regards
Vercy
 
rajmisc
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 15
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercynogetorix View Post
Hi,

i have run into a little problem,

After CWM install and then rooting (suing method/files from sticky) following happens

1. System started once
2. All colors were replaced with electronic green (if you know what i mean)
3. System doesn't restart anymore
4. System restarts always and only to CWM
5. On each exit from CWM, User is asked to flash ROOT
6. On each and other system flash, device reboots to CWM only,

any help?

ps. i tried to reflash CWM, root and system all with same effect

regards
Vercy
I am not a pro (n00b), but I would update it with the official Android first (http://androidcentral.us/2014/01/upd...android-4-1-2/) .. and start all over again
 
Vercynogetorix
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wrocław
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmisc View Post
I am not a pro (n00b), but I would update it with the official Android first (http://androidcentral.us/2014/01/upd...android-4-1-2/) .. and start all over again
hi,

i did, no help, seems that the CWM image is broken
 
gr8nole
Old
#4  
gr8nole's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,180
Posts: 2,069
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lynchburg, VA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercynogetorix View Post
Hi,

i have run into a little problem,

After CWM install and then rooting (suing method/files from sticky) following happens

1. System started once
2. All colors were replaced with electronic green (if you know what i mean)
3. System doesn't restart anymore
4. System restarts always and only to CWM
5. On each exit from CWM, User is asked to flash ROOT
6. On each and other system flash, device reboots to CWM only,

any help?

ps. i tried to reflash CWM, root and system all with same effect

regards
Vercy
2 things indicate that your system partition is messed up.
  1. Only boots to recovery
  2. CWM ask to flash root

CWM will ask to flash root, only if it can't find the "root" files in the system partition. If it asks every time, then it isn't able to properly install those root files for some reason.

Download the stock firmware from sammobile.com.
Do a format of your system and data partitions in recovery.
Then, boot into download mode and use Odin to reflash the stock firmware.
>>>>------;;;;----->
 
Vercynogetorix
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wrocław
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
2 things indicate that your system partition is messed up.
  1. Only boots to recovery
  2. CWM ask to flash root

CWM will ask to flash root, only if it can't find the "root" files in the system partition. If it asks every time, then it isn't able to properly install those root files for some reason.

Download the stock firmware from sammobile.com.
Do a format of your system and data partitions in recovery.
Then, boot into download mode and use Odin to reflash the stock firmware.
Hi,

i did, on reflash with CWM same story all over,

im currently flashed with TWRP and everything is fine,

cannot however use CWM (unless try to flash CWM over TWRP)
Tags
bootloop, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes