Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Tablet is not booting up :( Only CWM-based Recovery works

OP thomasb82

3rd October 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Hi guys,

I just used Download Mode + Odin to push T110.CWM.v6.0.4.8.tar.md5 to my T110 Tablet.
After that I could boot into CWM-based Recovery v6.0.4.8 without issues.
Then I installed the zip file android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip

After that I rebooted. And since then I was not able to boot into Android or even Download Mode.
Only Recovery Mode works.

Then I tried to run adb devices from Windows and it reports my device ID number + recovery.

Now I was hoping somebody could help me with some adb commands to get this thing working again.

My initial goal was to root and upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2.
I would prefer using this lite rom T110UEUANE4.LiteV2.Rooted.Deodexed.June2014.zip instead of the official rom T110XXUANG2_T110OXAANG2_XEO.zip.
But at this point I would not care to much, I just hope it can be fixed again

Many thanks for your help!
3rd October 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #2  
gr8nole's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 3,885
 
2,514 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasb82

Hi guys,

I just used Download Mode + Odin to push T110.CWM.v6.0.4.8.tar.md5 to my T110 Tablet.
After that I could boot into CWM-based Recovery v6.0.4.8 without issues.
Then I installed the zip file android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip

After that I rebooted. And since then I was not able to boot into Android or even Download Mode.
Only Recovery Mode works.

Then I tried to run adb devices from Windows and it reports my device ID number + recovery.

Now I was hoping somebody could help me with some adb commands to get this thing working again.

My initial goal was to root and upgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2.
I would prefer using this lite rom T110UEUANE4.LiteV2.Rooted.Deodexed.June2014.zip instead of the official rom T110XXUANG2_T110OXAANG2_XEO.zip.
But at this point I would not care to much, I just hope it can be fixed again

Many thanks for your help!

The problem you are experiencing is due to CWM recovery. You have a newer bootloader than what was originally included on these devices. The lazy developer that provided CWM needs to update it to work correctly. Until then, you should install stock recovery for your device and only boot to recovery using the 3-button method.

Edit: Can you try this version and tell me if it works. You will need to flash it in your current custom recovery. Then reboot recovery; then try to reboot your device into the OS.

Caution: I have not tested this as I don't own a T110.
Attached Files
File Type: zip new.T110.CWM.v6.0.4.8.flashable.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.50 MB, 349 views)
Last edited by gr8nole; 3rd October 2014 at 08:27 PM.
3rd October 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

The problem you are experiencing is due to CWM recovery. You have a newer bootloader than what was originally included on these devices. The lazy developer that provided CWM needs to update it to work correctly. Until then, you should install stock recovery for your device and only boot to recovery using the 3-button method.

I appreciate your quick response! Guess I had bad luck
Just to be safe you don't mean the stock recovery rom, you mean the stock firmware right? like this: EUR-T110XXUANE4-20140630121532.zip


Thanks again!

# Just saw your latest edit note. I will try your file...
And I had to wait 5 minutes before I could edit my post...
Last edited by thomasb82; 3rd October 2014 at 08:35 PM.
3rd October 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
After flashing your file there was no change. The device does not boot up and the boot loader is also not working. Just recovery mode.
Can I flash the firmware EUR-T110XXUANE4-20140630121532.zip via recovery mode? Or anything else to try?

Thanks!
3rd October 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
gr8nole's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 3,885
 
2,514 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasb82

After flashing your file there was no change. The device does not boot up and the boot loader is also not working. Just recovery mode.
Can I flash the firmware EUR-T110XXUANE4-20140630121532.zip via recovery mode? Or anything else to try?

Thanks!

You need to be in Download mode to flash the full firmware package. Inside that zip is a tar.md5 file that needs to be flashed with Odin.

If you can't get into Download Mode by pressing Volume Down, Home, and Power, then I don't know what else to do.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Actually, can you extract the recovery.img from that firmware file and post it here. It may be newer than the one I have.
Last edited by gr8nole; 3rd October 2014 at 08:54 PM.
3rd October 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
omg I had finally luck with adb reboot bootloader.
Now I could flash again like you posted.

Thanks!!!!!
5th October 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag @my home
Thanks Meter: 106
 
349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasb82

omg I had finally luck with adb reboot bootloader.
Now I could flash again like you posted.

Thanks!!!!!

Have you tried The New CWM recovery? Work this one?
THX for your reply.
2nd November 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #8  
mai77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 534
 
1,338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Arrow recov loop
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

The problem you are experiencing is due to CWM recovery.

the file new.T110.CWM.v6.0.4.8.flashable.zip (6.50 MB, 111 views)

cannot be used in stock recov straight away, the signature fails and nothing gets written. Wasn't there a way to disable signature check ?

message: "signature verification failed"

or I need the tool to repack recovery.img into recv.tar.md5 to be able to odin-flash it, which is here (note last post in thread) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2281287

or the T110 line like

dd if=/storage/extSdCard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/sdhci-pxav3.2/by-name/RECOVERY

in adb shell or terminal emulator.
Last edited by mai77; 2nd November 2014 at 02:16 PM.
2nd November 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #9  
gr8nole's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 3,885
 
2,514 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai77

the file new.T110.CWM.v6.0.4.8.flashable.zip (6.50 MB, 111 views)

cannot be used in stock recov straight away, the signature fails and nothing gets written. Wasn't there a way to disable signature check ?

message: "signature verification failed"

You can't flash anything in stock recovery. You need to install custom recovery first to flash or extract the recovery.img and use flashify or use dd method through adb.

Sent from my SM-N900V
2nd November 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #10  
mai77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 534
 
1,338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Thumbs down test report: SM-T110
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

You can't flash anything in stock recovery.

with



C:\adb\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # dd if=/storage/extSdCard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/sdhci-pxav3.2/by-name/RECOVERY
13052+0 records in
13052+0 records out
6682624 bytes transferred in 1.483 secs (4506152 bytes/sec)
root@android:/ #




I could flash the above latest CWM 6.0.4.8 by gr8nole


unfortunately, the recov-bootloop persists.
Last edited by mai77; 2nd November 2014 at 02:12 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes