Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 42,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] want to learn how to make my first rom

Tip us?

Jaykingis20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] want to learn how to make my first rom

ok so i have been asking question to much on xda developers i want to learn how to make my first rom and where do i find the downloads to do all this kind of stuff it would be kind of neat for me to make my first rom and test it out where do i begin at and what to do get it working properly i want to really learn to do this thanks

dsilx
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Thumbs up hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykingis20 View Post
ok so i have been asking question to much on xda developers i want to learn how to make my first rom and where do i find the downloads to do all this kind of stuff it would be kind of neat for me to make my first rom and test it out where do i begin at and what to do get it working properly i want to really learn to do this thanks
Hi i dont know much either but i progressing but what i would do is start off easy as in getting a deodexed verison of the rom and adding small tweaks and changes like buil.prop, init.d, ringtones, then as that gets easier start looking around on how to edit like ui and scripts and system and adding various apps into settings and so on but if u want to really learn ask a pro dev or read up on xda university on how to build a rom

remember if u use someone elses rom ask first so u dont get in trouble

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1,436
Start with XDA-University. Read...Read.....Read....

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sent from my rooted i527.