Quad View And Floating Windows (T111) [4.2.2]

420 posts
Thanks Meter: 483
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I made this mod for my GF, and share it here in case someone is interested.
It enables both floating multiwindows, and quad view KK style (up to 4 static windows on the same screen).

I'm not responsible for anything that may happen, your Tab, your responsability

This mod has only be tested on the T111, but I'm pretty sure that it works as well on s110 and other 7 inches variants.
It may work on 8 in and 10 in variants, and in any case trying won't brick your phone so go for it!
If you do try please report here if it works.
It should work on both odexed and deodexed ROMs.

A Tab with a custom recovey.

Download the attached zip, flash it in recovery, reboot.

Enable Multi Windows from your quick settings.
Click on an app in the flash bar (the bar on the side from where Multi Windows are launched), the app will open in Floating Mode.
You will notice 3 buttons, minimize, maximize and close, and you can drag the window anywhere on the screen by dragging its upper left side.
You can resize it too, from the sides.
When an app has been minimized it becomes a small bar that you can drag anywhere, double tap it to maximize the window again.
Quad View:
Drag an app, if you put it in the center of the screen it will open in floating mode, if you put it at the top or the bottom of the screen it will open in full screen mode.
After one app is opened in full screen mode you can drag a second one to the second half on the screen, then a third to one corner and a fourth to the last corner.
The white central bar allows you to resize the windows in both length and width.
Don't touch the part where there's no bar between the windows cuz it makes the bar disappear (bug). If it happens just push home and reopen the windows.

Nope, sorry, I have no time to play with that kind of stuff.
Try this mod if you feel like it, otherwise give it a miss, no worries...

I have 2-3 things in my mind (windows templates, multiinstance) and I may implement them if I have time and if I see that enough people are interested.
Last edited by unclefab; 18th August 2015 at 02:17 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread