Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seem to have lost 3G data after factory reset (4.1.2)

Tip us?

Kaiser Wilhelm II
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Seem to have lost 3G data after factory reset (4.1.2)

I've been running a flashed 'official' 4.1.2 (Singaporean origin ROM?) for over a year now but recently have been experiencing performace niggles. Therefore I decided to do a 'factory data reset' from the settings menu to clean the tab up. It was never actually wiped before as even when I went direct from 3.2 to 4.1.2, all the applications were kept in place, so I figured it could do with a good internal flushing.

After reinstalling my apps, everything is indeed running smoother and with no real performance complaints. However, I seem to have lost my ability to use the inbuilt 3G modem for data. It still registers with the network provider as per the SIM card (in this case, o2 UK) and I can send txt messages to the number so it really is on the network and working to some degree.

Despite this, I don't have a network connection via 3G nor do the indicators of network data connectivity show on the bottom status line irrespective of whether nor not I enable 'Mobile Data' (i.e. I can't see the little 3G/HSDPA indicator or the up/down arrows). All I see is the reception strength indicator, whichever way I set 'Mobile Data'.

WiFi is still fine (subject to the 2.4GHz only restriction of the ROM).

Anyone have any ideas what I should do?

Kaiser Wilhelm II
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm II View Post
I've been running a flashed 'official' 4.1.2 (Singaporean origin ROM?) for over a year now but recently have been experiencing performace niggles. Therefore I decided to do a 'factory data reset' from the settings menu to clean the tab up. It was never actually wiped before as even when I went direct from 3.2 to 4.1.2, all the applications were kept in place, so I figured it could do with a good internal flushing.

After reinstalling my apps, everything is indeed running smoother and with no real performance complaints. However, I seem to have lost my ability to use the inbuilt 3G modem for data. It still registers with the network provider as per the SIM card (in this case, o2 UK) and I can send txt messages to the number so it really is on the network and working to some degree.

Despite this, I don't have a network connection via 3G nor do the indicators of network data connectivity show on the bottom status line irrespective of whether nor not I enable 'Mobile Data' (i.e. I can't see the little 3G/HSDPA indicator or the up/down arrows). All I see is the reception strength indicator, whichever way I set 'Mobile Data'.

WiFi is still fine (subject to the 2.4GHz only restriction of the ROM).

Anyone have any ideas what I should do?

Just to follow up - the problem was more basic than an issue with the tablet hardware or flashed OS. It was an APN configuration issue. Basically the auto installed APNs were wrong and I had to manually configure a suitable APN for my pre pay mobile broadband.

biopsin
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Is it solved? Please update main title to SOLVED
2010 - P1000 : CM10
2012 - P6800 : CM10