Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rear camera only with Skype

OP blackspawn2

11th January 2013, 05:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

58 posts
I have a Samsung 7.7 P6800 and I use it as a video surveillance camera with Skype.
In Skype settings I set the automatic answer with video and everything works fine.
The front canera is used by default but I would like to use the rear camera only since it has a better definition.
during the video call there is an option in skype for selecting the camera but working in automatic answer mode it's useless.

I don't need the front camera and I am ready to desable it but I need to keep the rear camera working.
I didn't find any app, can somebody suggest something?
Thanks
11th January 2013, 06:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

218 posts
More
I don't think you will find any solution for this. I know g+ you can use the rear but I don't think there is an auto answer?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium
16th January 2013, 04:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vauxhallastra

I don't think you will find any solution for this. I know g+ you can use the rear but I don't think there is an auto answer?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

It's a pity beacuse I can switch from front to rear camera during skype video calls therefore there must be a way for keeping it on rear camera only by default either Android or Skype software modification.
Any expert here who can help?
23rd January 2013, 08:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto

12 posts
More
Wink Use Skype 2.9.X verion
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspawn2

I have a Samsung 7.7 P6800 and I use it as a video surveillance camera with Skype.
In Skype settings I set the automatic answer with video and everything works fine.
The front canera is used by default but I would like to use the rear camera only since it has a better definition.
during the video call there is an option in skype for selecting the camera but working in automatic answer mode it's useless.

I don't need the front camera and I am ready to desable it but I need to keep the rear camera working.
Thanks

New version of skype 3.0 has lots of problem now. then use skype 2.9.X verion then you can use front camera of gt7.7.
29th August 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #5  

1 posts
Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspawn2

Thanks

Hello has anyone found the solution of query given by blackspawn2 .. Please help as I also want to do same on the Samsung S3 Android phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread