FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can't install custom recovery (CWM/TWRP). Boot always in stock recovery.

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By carlosuh, Junior Member on 16th May 2016, 01:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, i have this problem with my tab, first off, my usb connection doesn't work and i don't know why (it just stops one day. I tried everything with drivers with no results, and the cable is fine because it can charge) and i want to flash a rom to update my android version, but the only way i can do this is flashing it from device. The problem is i can't install CWM or TWRP.. i trid using ROM Manager and other apps with no luck. It always reboot to stock recovery 3e no matter what i do.

My question is can i install a custom recovery from stock recovery? if so where can i get the zip file?. Is there another way to install a recovery?. I tried different apps but some like RashR have compatibility problems and the device cant run them. Im using stock android 3.1 version

Any help will be very appreciated.. Sorry for my english.

Note: i installed an app called Partitions Backup & Restore and my Recovery partition seems like it doesn't exist. (It doesn't show up in the list). And another app called ROM Installer showed a message saying that my Recovery and Boot partitions can't be found.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)