Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tab 8.9 slow with every ROM I try

Tip us?

iZLeeP
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirogu325 View Post
Sorry for bursting your bubble but that's not a replacement for trimming, we're talking about flash memory "defragmentation" and that doesn't go away with any formatting. Otherwise my other devices would still be running like new and the LagFix app would've done nothing to speed things up in the I/O department.
Correct. FORMAT is no replacement for TRIM. It's only an alternative in case you don't have TRIM support. From reading a lot of information here in xda, I came upon this page which recommends factory reset, though trim is no.1 priority.

panpjp
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I don't want to sound like a simpleton but I think the Tegra 2 is to blame. Its just... Nothing is smooth on it. Even my One X+ (T3) can hardly manage HD videos! I even switched to an *cough* iPad */cough* because the GTab was so unusable!
Phone One X+ CM11 [hyped for the N6 lol]

thailand's internet is **** right now...

nirogu325
Old
Thanks Meter 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by panpjp View Post
I don't want to sound like a simpleton but I think the Tegra 2 is to blame. Its just... Nothing is smooth on it. Even my One X+ (T3) can hardly manage HD videos! I even switched to an *cough* iPad */cough* because the GTab was so unusable!
Well, IIRC the Tegra 2's sources are closed, that alone affects a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nirogu325 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

panpjp
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirogu325 View Post
Well, IIRC the Tegra 2's sources are closed, that alone affects a lot.
Exactly!
Phone One X+ CM11 [hyped for the N6 lol]

thailand's internet is **** right now...