Chromecast working really well

12th August 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
More
After failing to find a way to watch movies, Youtube, Netflix, etc, on a TV without draining my batteries, I finally picked up a Chromecast dongle. I installed the Chromecast app along with the Avia Media Player app but none of my XVID movies would play. After a few attempts at ripping a DVD into different formats, MKV video with AAC audio finally worked perfectly. I'm now in the process of re-ripping all my DVD's into MKV videos. Youtube and Netflix are working great. Chromecast's screen mirroring is still a WIP but can be enabled with the MirrorEnabler app from these forums. The screen freezes for a moment every 40 or 50 seconds, so iscreen mirroring isn't suitable for gaming yet. After installing the Cast Store app, I was surprised to see so many apps designed for Chromecast.
Last edited by Jerryo100; 12th August 2014 at 02:17 AM. Reason: typo
18th August 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 48

605 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryo100

After failing to find a way to watch movies, Youtube, Netflix, etc, on a TV without draining my batteries, I finally picked up a Chromecast dongle. I installed the Chromecast app along with the Avia Media Player app but none of my XVID movies would play. After a few attempts at ripping a DVD into different formats, MKV video with AAC audio finally worked perfectly. I'm now in the process of re-ripping all my DVD's into MKV videos. Youtube and Netflix are working great. Chromecast's screen mirroring is still a WIP but can be enabled with the MirrorEnabler app from these forums. The screen freezes for a moment every 40 or 50 seconds, so iscreen mirroring isn't suitable for gaming yet. After installing the Cast Store app, I was surprised to see so many apps designed for Chromecast.

I am running the mirror enabler on my 8.4 as well but have not notice any freezing problem. It isn't suitable for gaming but flawless for watching video.
19th August 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolento

I am running the mirror enabler on my 8.4 as well but have not notice any freezing problem. It isn't suitable for gaming but flawless for watching video.

I don't know what was causing the problem, but the freezing has stopped. Even when it was happening it was very brief (less than a second).

Do you have a black boarder around your picture when mirroring? I don't get it when casting a video but it's there when mirroring.
19th August 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 48

605 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryo100

I don't know what was causing the problem, but the freezing has stopped. Even when it was happening it was very brief (less than a second).

Do you have a black boarder around your picture when mirroring? I don't get it when casting a video but it's there when mirroring.

Yes, that because the resolution of my tablet is not 16:9.

If I use my phone (z2), which is 1080p, there is no black border.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread